SHIMANO ROTORS ON SRAM CODE RSCs

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
SHIMANO ROTORS ON SRAM CODE RSCs
FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

That really sounds less like a problem with shimano brakes and more of a you problem. I only ride brakes that have little modulation because the brake feel is better, there’s more power available and they are easier to control.

I’ve ridden all but the new guides and can’t say the same about having more control. Every brake in their range feels exactly the same, so I don’t see a point to running codes over levels, aside from maybe heat dissipation but it’s sram so there’s not going to be any difference in that either between the levels and codes. The brakes never feel like the power comes on and you have to pull the levers all the way to the bars to feel any sort of power, they always feel spongey, and the lever blades are too long. You have to drag your brakes everywhere to slow down at all, so you can’t hold on when you need to because you have too much arm pump from trying to slow down. Oh yeah and I’ve had a literal near death experience because I tried to brake check on a set of the og guides and didn’t slow down at all.

Ha well it sounds like your problem with SRAM brakes is definitely the same as his with Shimano’s. Everything you just said is absolutely ridiculous and more importantly WRONG. I have had Guides and now run Codes and the difference is very noticeable. Don’t blame SRAM for your lack of skill with setting up brakes

I’ve ridden them on rentals, brand new bikes, fresh brakes from a shop. Nothing to do with my skills, I don’t touch my brakes. Just that sram is trash. Our problems are different as well, I don’t need more modulation to use my brakes properly, I need more power which nothing from sram can offer. I don’t drag my brakes ever, so nothing to do with my skills either. And I’m not wrong, sram brakes have all been lab tested to be weaker than shimano 2 pot Deore brakes. I’d rather stop riding bikes than ride sram brakes ever again. Maybe I’d consider it on my xc bike if a company made 300mm rotors and I could run 2 code calipers per wheel with trickstuff power pads.

lol now you’re just lying. The most extensive lab test was done by EnduroMag and their results are far different than your bogus claims.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Ha well it sounds like your problem with SRAM brakes is definitely the same as his with Shimano’s. Everything you just said is absolutely ridiculous and more importantly WRONG. I have had Guides and now run Codes and the difference is very noticeable. Don’t blame SRAM for your lack of skill with setting up brakes

I’ve ridden them on rentals, brand new bikes, fresh brakes from a shop. Nothing to do with my skills, I don’t touch my brakes. Just that sram is trash. Our problems are different as well, I don’t need more modulation to use my brakes properly, I need more power which nothing from sram can offer. I don’t drag my brakes ever, so nothing to do with my skills either. And I’m not wrong, sram brakes have all been lab tested to be weaker than shimano 2 pot Deore brakes. I’d rather stop riding bikes than ride sram brakes ever again. Maybe I’d consider it on my xc bike if a company made 300mm rotors and I could run 2 code calipers per wheel with trickstuff power pads.

lol now you’re just lying. The most extensive lab test was done by EnduroMag and their results are far different than your bogus claims.

Not really though. The codes were only tested to be less than 1nm more powerful than the Deore 2 piston brakes.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Half the bikes at Rampage and on the WC circuit run Codes and meanwhile you're here blowing smoke up your own ass about how you are the utlra gnar outlier?

Lol. No offense.

Mr slayer is the Gnar slayer, Im sure i've seen him on TV or Youtube, oh i know on one of those pinkbike fail crash videos where the small 10ft gap reached up and just grabbed his bike from him causing him to crash, surely was no fault of his own.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Half the bikes at Rampage and on the WC circuit run Codes and meanwhile you're here blowing smoke up your own ass about how you are the utlra gnar outlier?

Lol. No offense.

And none of them run smaller than 200mm rotors, with most of them run 220. What’s your point? Nobody on any other brake brand needs to run 220’s. Enough said.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Lol. No offense.

Mr slayer is the Gnar slayer, Im sure i've seen him on TV or Youtube, oh i know on one of those pinkbike fail crash videos where the small 10ft gap reached up and just grabbed his bike from him causing him to crash, surely was no fault of his own.

You’ve invalidated every argument you’ve made or are going to make by personally attacking me to district from the fact you have no real argument or legitimate reason I’m wrong. Congrats.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:

You’ve invalidated every argument you’ve made or are going to make by personally attacking me to district from the fact you have no real argument or legitimate reason I’m wrong. Congrats.

just like you're trying to say sram brakes dont work when clearly its not the brake its the user.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Lol. No offense.

And none of them run smaller than 200mm rotors, with most of them run 220. What’s your point? Nobody on any other brake brand needs to run 220’s. Enough said.

Yea, that must be it. Nailed it.

photo

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

just like you're trying to say sram brakes dont work when clearly its not the brake its the user.

That’s not how an opinion or personal experiences work but ok. I’ve also given facts, but you don’t seem to know the difference between a fact and an opinion.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:

Lol. No offense.

And what reason do you have to be a dick. I’m telling you why my opinion is different and you feel compelled to be hostile because my opinion is different to yours.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

That’s not how an opinion or personal experiences work but ok. I’ve also given facts, but you don’t seem to know the difference between a fact and an opinion.

you started out with:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
Your first problem is running sram brakes.
that wasnt giving any "facts" and you've still failed to give "facts" you've given your experience based on your unexperienced skill set.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

And what reason do you have to be a dick.

Oh don't get so butthurt. You walked onto a thread where someone was legitimately asking for help to just spout off the knee jerk sRaM sUcKszZ crap and think you're going to get off easy after doubling and tripling down on it?

Some of us have been servicing bikes for years and years and we actually know from your account that your brakes were setup incorrectly. Trying to convince people who know better doesn't change minds, but its an OK comedy routine.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

you started out with:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
Your first problem is running sram brakes.
that wasnt giving any "facts" and you've still failed to give "facts" you've given your experience based on your unexperienced skill set.

And you don’t have a valid argument because you want to attack me personally rather than actually present an argument. I have given facts you just have chosen to ignore them. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t presented them.

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:

Oh don't get so butthurt. You walked onto a thread where someone was legitimately asking for help to just spout off the knee jerk sRaM sUcKszZ crap and think you're going to get off easy after doubling and tripling down on it?

Some of us have been servicing bikes for years and years and we actually know from your account that your brakes were setup incorrectly. Trying to convince people who know better doesn't change minds, but its an OK comedy routine.

You clearly don’t know better if you think sram brakes are good. I don’t know anyone who has bought sram brakes aftermarket. I also know a handful of pro privateer enduro racers and none of them run sram either. I don’t know any bike shop employees who run sram brakes.

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
HaggeredShins wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

You clearly don’t know better if you think sram brakes are good. I don’t know anyone who has bought sram brakes aftermarket. I also know a handful of pro privateer enduro racers and none of them run sram either. I don’t know any bike shop employees who run sram brakes.

photo

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

Hahahaha you’ve given facts?!?!?!?! Do you wear a helmet for safety when you’re not riding as well?? I’m done arguing with you. Several companies are making 220mm rotors to pair with their brakes. Trp magura hope sram.. you’re arguments are laughable. Please do yourself a favor and get off this thread

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012394
Mobile Version of Website