Powered by Outside

Looking to buy a new 27.5x3.0 bike

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Looking to buy a new 27.5x3.0 bike
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 14:10 Quote
I am presuming OP means a hardtail? For what its worth, I tried my V3 Bronson with 2.8f and 2.6r, because it can come spec'd up to those sizes. The experiment did not last very long. I would strongly advise against anything larger than 2.5 on a FS bike.

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 14:30 Quote
MT36 wrote:
I am presuming OP means a hardtail? For what its worth, I tried my V3 Bronson with 2.8f and 2.6r, because it can come spec'd up to those sizes. The experiment did not last very long. I would strongly advise against anything larger than 2.5 on a FS bike.

The beauty of everyone being different is that different things work for different people.

I enjoy my 27.5x3.0 Shred Dogg. The only reason I'm switching away from it to a Gnarvana is because I like 3.0 tires and 2.8 tires are not a substitute, but the 3.0 I like are not made anymore.

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 15:28 Quote
I suppose I should be more specific. I found the 2.8 (maxxis DHR 2s maxxterra) on the FS bike was woefully imprecise at moderate to higher speeds, and was akin to riding on a beach ball, not in a good way. They lacked grip, which seems like the whole point of running plus, and would take so long to hook up in cornersI felt like there was truly less traction. The casings were also so light (exo) that they would not last more than a few weeks of what typical riding looks like for me and be literally slashed beyond repair. I think on a hardtail they work for a lot of reasons, but my attempt at running plus on my FS because it was an option did not end well. Experiments are cool though, so no biggie.

But absolutely I agree with you, if it is your thing, more power to ya.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2023 at 19:17 Quote
Agree with a lot of this. I run 2.5/2.4 assegai/dhr on my FS and 3.0 high rollers on my hard tail with a cush core in back. Probably going to switch hardtail over to a mullet 29/27.5 and run a 2.5 in front to save my stock of 3.0 high rollers. It's awesome as a rear time on a hard tail just can't find any more. I know it's discontinued but the used market seems to be drying up too.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.231406
Mobile Version of Website