Powered by Outside

Brake upgrade for noob

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Brake upgrade for noob
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
My Maguras saw plenty of spectacular crashes and I didn’t have a problem. I did have the one finger levers though. Just don’t tighten them so tight they can’t rotate in the event of a good hit, but that’s good advice for any lever honestly.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 14:36 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
My Maguras saw plenty of spectacular crashes and I didn’t have a problem. I did have the one finger levers though. Just don’t tighten them so tight they can’t rotate in the event of a good hit, but that’s good advice for any lever honestly.

^^ this basically. I don't tighten them too much and they have so far moved rather than broken.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
In other news...I have just fitted a set of TRP Quadiem EVO to my girlfriends bike. Not tried outside yet, but just from fit and finish, they feel easily twice the price of Magura, which is just as well...

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 1:35 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
In other news...I have just fitted a set of TRP Quadiem EVO to my girlfriends bike. Not tried outside yet, but just from fit and finish, they feel easily twice the price of Magura, which is just as well...

Let us know how they compare if you try em out!

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 2:19 Quote
brentwhipple wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

I need to bed them in today, I'll report back!

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
brentwhipple wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

I need to bed them in today, I'll report back!

Ever try those trps out? Debating shelling out for the evos...

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 22:52 Quote
Yeah, so far they seem good. All I've done with them is bed them in (quite a lot of effort!), but she seems very happy with them. Very positive bite point and seem really strong. Still don't feel quite as brutal as my MT5 with big lever, but much firmer bite and they are streets ahead in perceived quality.

ETA - we got the '33' floating discs. They are expensive, but god damn they are fancy!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014943
Mobile Version of Website