Powered by Outside

What's your tire pressure?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What's your tire pressure?
FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:27 Quote
175 - 180 lb geared up, Minion 2.5WT on 33mm rims, 18psi front, 23psi rear.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
28 psi in both; 27.5" Minion DHF up front and a DHR in the rear. No inserts, tubeless. Commencal Meta AM 4.2.
28 gives me a good combination of grip, support, and roll.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
mbrick0 wrote:
I used this tool: https://axs.sram.com/guides/tire/pressure

And came up with: 24F / 27R psi.

155lbs intermediate
Maxxis Minion DHF tire - 2.75x2.50"
Maxxis Dissector rear tire - 27.5x2.40"
Stans Flow MK3 Wheels 29mm width

Not entirely related but am new to tubeless and losing a few psi per week, need to figure out if that's normal or not...

You will lose a bit of air. Nothing to worry about.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 17:59 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
mbrick0 wrote:

155lbs intermediate

Not entirely related but am new to tubeless and losing a few psi per week, need to figure out if that's normal or not...

Could be running low on sealant maybe add a little more? Couldn't hurt.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
200 lbs with my gear on. 2.4 Continental Der Baron 40 psi front and rear. No inserts. I never flat until I wear too much rubber off the tire carcass, then only from goat heads or cactus. Sharp rocks everywhere here in the Rockies.
All is klar herr kommisar!

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
Around 105kg (230lb), be a bit more with gear.

Tubeless on 30mm ID rims, no inserts.

Bontrager SE5 29x2.6 front - 21-22psi
Bontrager SE4 29x2.4 rear - 25-26psi

Seems to work for me.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
70 kg / 155 lbs.

Assegai EXO+ front : 1.2 bar / 17 psi.

Dissector EXO+ with Tannus insert rear : 1.5 bar / 22 psi.

That being said, I know that's the pressure I like with my pump, but it's probably off by quite a margin. All I know is my tires are quite at a low pressure.

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
mbrick0 wrote:

155lbs intermediate

New to tubeless too, mine lose air between rides, just check pressures before every ride.

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 4:25 Quote
99kg /220lbs

29x2.4 Magic Mary Super Trail on the front, 23PSI
29x2.35 Hans Dampf Super Gravity on the back, 26PSI

Enduro riding, still trying to find the right pressures on a new bike but seems to be in the right ballpark, could probably be 1PSI lower front and rear but don't like tyres too soft

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
Don't know how you +200 lb riders are riding less than 25 psi in the rear. I tried it for a time last year (w/o rim protection) and I was getting a flat every 3 or 4 rides. Tried it again this year once I got cushcore and my tires were burping like crazy. Not too mention I was getting the occasional rim impact (over the cushcore). Maybe I just have poor line choice

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
aarong133 wrote:
Don't know how you +200 lb riders are riding less than 25 psi in the rear. I tried it for a time last year (w/o rim protection) and I was getting a flat every 3 or 4 rides. Tried it again this year once I got cushcore and my tires were burping like crazy. Not too mention I was getting the occasional rim impact (over the cushcore). Maybe I just have poor line choice
what tires are you running? Are they Dh casing? How wide are your rims? These could all contribute to why your getting flats.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
aarong133 wrote:
what tires are you running? Are they Dh casing? How wide are your rims? These could all contribute to why your getting flats.

Tires were WTB Judge 2.4 w/ tough/high drip casing mounted on We Are One Union rims (30 mm). Tires were tough as hell but I was still getting flats running 25 psi; over 28 psi and I was ok. I've since added cushcore and haven't had a flat yet, but I'm still running 28 psi. Experimented with lower psi but it was burping lots (lots of sealant juice on the rim after every ride).

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
aarong133 wrote:

Don't know. Never had an issue with a flat since tubeless. 800g is about my limit on tite weight, I don't do big jumps, but I will hit rocks and such at speed. Idk that I have ever really hit the rim. I do try to pick decent lines, unless I just want to let the bike eat.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
blurryvision wrote:
mbrick0 wrote:

155lbs intermediate

Could be running low on sealant maybe add a little more? Couldn't hurt.
Yes, that could be. I haven't touched it yet to risk some maintenance induced failure during peak riding season... ha ha. I have a feeling you are right though and I need to add some more and see if it's better.

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
I’m 190 with gear running 27psi in the front and 29psi in the rear with dh tires and cushcore and I still smash wheels on a 2018 transition sentinel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015267
Mobile Version of Website