Powered by Outside

Crashed into a car today story, tell yours.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Crashed into a car today story, tell yours.
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
[Quote="NB-BIKER"]
rockymountianflow wrote:
I didnt get hit by a car but my brother did this summer. He was having like a race threw a trail with some kids and there a spot where the trail crosses a road. Well one kid had no breaks and keep on going because he couldnt stop. My brother slamed is breaks on at the last secound and slid onto the road. But a car came and hit him derectly on. The car was going like 60 km and hit him. My brother rolled over the car and smashed the whole window sheid in and the sides of the car that hold the wind shield. His head also hit the window and his hement went flying about 20 feet in the air. His bike is totalled and the person driving the car might have to buy him a new one. The person drving the car should have seen my brother before she hit him and should have been able to break in time. And the kid with no breaks made it across the road fine and she should have breaked when she seen him. The only thing that saved my brother life was he was he had a hement on.There pictures of his bike after the crash in my album.[Quote]

I don't know the exact situation and I'm glad to hear that your brother is fine but nonetheless I'm going to give my opinion. But blame can't always go to the driver. The laws in Canada are horsesh*t as far as when there is a motor vehicle/pedestrian collision. In all honesty someone should have been spotting on the road to make sure no car was coming, or your brother and that other kid should have chosen a path that didn't cross a street. Like I said I can't judge your brothers situation because I wasn't there and we're listening to one side of the story, but yes if the first kid made it across that should have sparked a clue to the driver. BUT if for argument sake your brother was the first one and got hit then and not after, is it still her fault? I just really disagree that someone who isn't in the car can get away with anything if there is an accident.
I don't know if I feel this strongly because I pay the ridiculous insurance rates for a early 20 year old male in Canada or something else, but don't take this the wrong way, I'm just stating my opinion on the subject as a whole not on your bro's situation.
ya i know what you mean and stuff but theres other things also.The girl who hit my brother phoned her dad. my brothers bike was under neither the car and the father when and took it out from under neither. Your not suspose to do that and that is suspious. also the girls dad got there before the police did. She had a cell and was like 21. She was probally onher cell when she hit my brother.Also the girl said some thing like this is all my fault or some thing to my dad i forget but the thing is i went down with me dad to the place were he got hit and we looked around to see what chance my brother would have had for her to stop and she should have been able to hit the breaks and prevent the accedent. She was distracted some how.

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
okay, i'll tell my i crashed in a car today story Very confused

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
LOL you must have quite a few of them. Riding around with no brakeslol

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
i was crossing a street once , and it was a green light for me, and a jeep came up and was looking the other way , getting rdy to go and he gunned it and i was infront of him and got smashed, flew into the middle of the road, and i seen a white van comming straight for me, it didnt hit me tho, i got up and punched his head light out, and luckil the ambulance was right behind him

FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
my buddy was going about 30km/h down a hill. he got a flat. he launched his bike into a parked porsche and made a nice dent

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
OH, i also did a drop here at my local university and the road was right at the end and i was running breakless... anyways, a brand new p.o.n.t.i.a.c solstic came infront of me and i smashed the side of it, i took off so fast

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
dinodon wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
LOL you must have quite a few of them. Riding around with no brakeslol

lmfao lol lol lol lol good point tup

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
well, last summer i finished cleaning my bike and i take it around the block to dry off then i look down at my front rim then bam i slammed into a toyota corolla lucky no one was around then i just rode off and finished drying off the bike lol

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
lol
i had been out a all day street bash and got a one or 6 bottles of cider for the night
ended up drinking them on the way home and drifted into the rode
i ended up on an abulance bonnet to the ground
my mates gave me aa lift home in the back and even used these funny blue flashinf lights for me
haha

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
I crashed ONTO a car once!
There is a pavement that sits about 4-5ft higher than the road in a town near me. If a car parks next to it and the street is quiet, you can bunny hop off the pavement, over the car and onto the road. Ive done it loads of times before and it looks f*cking sick.
Totally mis-judged it once, tried to stop, and ended up going over the bars onto the roof of it and rolled onto the road. Wasn't hurt bad...just my stomach from laughing so much!

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
The other day, I was riding with my little sis and a car completely oblivious to us (we had the crosswalk signal to cross) starts to pull out, nearly missed me, and my sis had to swing into oncoming traffic and almost got hit there too. So, I stopped, looked hime in the eye, kicked his headlight in for being so oblivious and then deployed his airbags by "parking" my bike on his hood. Hate on me if you want, but he almost killed my little sis, and we clearly had the right of way

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
Sad story, guys.
Sunday at around 10:30 AM, up in the hills near where I live, a group of road bikers were riding in a pack, a normal Sunday ride. Along comes a Deputy in his Police car, who had been on his shift since earlier that morning, around 6. He comes to a curve in the road, fails to turn, and plows head-on into the group of bikers, killing two instantly and leaving two injured, one in the hospital in stable condition. This same guy had his license suspended for 18 months not too long ago for speeding. What a tragic accident, and stupid idiot.

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
Sad story, guys.
Sunday at around 10:30 AM, up in the hills near where I live, a group of road bikers were riding in a pack, a normal Sunday ride. Along comes a Deputy in his Police car, who had been on his shift since earlier that morning, around 6. He comes to a curve in the road, fails to turn, and plows head-on into the group of bikers, killing two instantly and leaving two injured, one in the hospital in stable condition. This same guy had his license suspended for 18 months not too long ago for speeding. What a tragic accident, and stupid idiot.
thats one reson i dont loke cops
that sucks for the bikes
i hope the cop gets put in jail

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
ive almost been hit acouple times

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
i've never been hit my self, but in the last month of riding two of my friends got hit crossing the road at an intersection on their bikes, when it was there turn to cross. Luckly none got hurt, and one of them got a new bike that is better than the one he had out of being hit.

I allways see drivers never paying attention on roads and almost hitting people and it really pisses me off. No i a so careful and pay so much attention when i am riding and crossing roads after what happened to my friends.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014526
Mobile Version of Website