Powered by Outside

Best Downhill / Freeride Pedals?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best Downhill / Freeride Pedals?
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:43 Quote
my favorite are axiom roadgap 2s, very nice...

and any pedal will make a mess of your shin, my crap pedals on my dj just took a rather large hole out of my left shin, im sort of thinking about going to the doc, because its about an inch long, and down to the bone... doesnt hurt at all though Very confused

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions! I went with a pair of 5050 XX's. I guess the long and the short of it is there are tons of great pedals, just depends on preference, cost, availability etc. After checking out all the suggestions I could find I was going to go for the Syncros Mental, looks super quality... but the 5050 XX's I found pretty cheap and since they were recommended as well, there she be.

Thanks again.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 14:41 Quote
chrisbradbury wrote:
I got a set of burgtec pedals for free after a warranty claim through a compnay took over 2 months to sort out....

They gave me instore credit so I thought why not?

Burgtec Penthouse Flats

simply put.. I ride a hardtail. I rode it down morzine and les gets and plenney. My feet did not come off once.

although they are expensive, now I have them I would say they are simply the best pedals I have rode.
totally true they are THE best flatties out there. if you cant stretch tht far get 5050XX ive had mine for a year and just fitand forget they've been brilliant

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:22 Quote
nrkeat wrote:
lancifer wrote:
Syncros Mentals or Mags! Stiff, durable, strong, sticky as the day is long. Had them nearly 2 years, I put 'em on and have forgotten about them!-enough said!!!

Agreed, they feel great under the feet, but be advised, they don't feel as great on the chins...

HAHA. LOL. You must've fallen off really bad to hit your CHIN!!!

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:27 Quote
Shimano MX30's and Easton Cully's with the long pins.....use 'em both. Soooo good.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:44 Quote
Bontrager KIng Earls, top notch bearings,huge platform surface and they come with the longest bloody shin ripping screws you can imagine. tough and reasonably priced
photo

FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
wellgo... they are sweet and only like 380 grams

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
syncros mental. sickest pedal ever. so grippy, though super pricy. i have 5050's, there overated.

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
cdub162 wrote:

if you get the magnesium.

i also like the xpedo magnesium

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 12:01 Quote
straightline. hands down the best feeling pedal i have ever ridden. amazingly grippy and has a wide platform so its super comfy on your feet.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
nrkeat wrote:
lancifer wrote:
Syncros Mentals or Mags! Stiff, durable, strong, sticky as the day is long. Had them nearly 2 years, I put 'em on and have forgotten about them!-enough said!!!

Agreed, they feel great under the feet, but be advised, they don't feel as great on the chins...

Yeah no kidding!! lol I thought it was bad when I got my Mentals in the shin, but the chin must have really torn you up.

I bought a pair of syncros mentals and they are super grippy and tough.
http://www.nsmb.com/gear/syncros_09_04.php

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 15:55 Quote
djman22 wrote:
MadMike2007 wrote:
nrkeat wrote:

i think he means they dont feel as great on the Shins

no shit sherlock. bet that took you all day to figure that one. HAHAHA!!!!!

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
shondo wrote:
cdub162 wrote:

if you get the magnesium.

i also like the xpedo magnesium

xpedo magnesium is a great choice Big Grin

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 16:05 Quote
Wellgo MG-1 mags. Extremely light, very durable and excellent grip. Good pricing too.

I'm surprised at the promoting of 5050XX pedals. I find that they are very heavy, they don't grip well at all unless you change the pins and on top of it all they are quite expensive.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013632
Mobile Version of Website