Powered by Outside

Christmas tool ideas?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Christmas tool ideas?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 9:47 Quote
eshew wrote:
Dental picks, waterproof grease, slickoleum, fork seal drivers, Pedro's DH tire lever, torque wrench, flat ground top cap sockets. Magnetic bolt holders, soft jaw vice covers.

I have been looking at that DH tire lever… does one have to be extra careful so the metal on the lever doesn’t damage the rim or rim tape?

Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
MT36 wrote:
eshew wrote:
Dental picks, waterproof grease, slickoleum, fork seal drivers, Pedro's DH tire lever, torque wrench, flat ground top cap sockets. Magnetic bolt holders, soft jaw vice covers.

I have been looking at that DH tire lever… does one have to be extra careful so the metal on the lever doesn’t damage the rim or rim tape?

Probably - but that's true with any lever.

I've been using the Cush Core Bead Dropper - works nicely.

Mod
Posted: Nov 1, 2023 at 10:38 Quote
MT36 wrote:
eshew wrote:

never damaged anything using it. just have to be careful how you use it. mynesweepers tire inserts recommends using them to make installation easier

Posted: Nov 3, 2023 at 18:40 Quote
JulesBri wrote:
Need to make a Secret Santa wish list!

Anyone have some unique tool ideas or must have brands?

I mean, yeah, kinda.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 21:17 Quote
Wera hex wrench set. Saves your Allen/hex bolts.
Park tool EP-1 end crimpers

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2023 at 5:57 Quote
Any body looking for Black Friday deals?

I started looking around even though I don’t have the funds and usually buy used.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 6:51 Quote
No, but a first aid kit is handy. I have a pre-built one in my pack and it’s come in handy for myself and for others. You never know what you’re going to run into or who!

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2023 at 13:43 Quote
[Quote="BenLow2019"]
MT36 wrote:
eshew wrote:
Dental picks, waterproof grease, slickoleum, fork seal drivers, Pedro's DH tire lever,

Probably - but that's true with any lever.

I've been using the Cush Core Bead Dropper - works nicely.

Yes, you do need to be careful with that lever, but there are times it's the only lever that works. It's also great for popping fork seals out of the lowers.

I really like the Cush Core bead buddy. When installing a new tire with inserts it says so much cursing.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2023 at 17:18 Quote
Did anyone get what they wanted or close!?

Merry Christmas everyone!

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2023 at 5:54 Quote
We’re celebrating this weekend, I’ll keep you posted!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021326
Mobile Version of Website