Powered by Outside

Concord N.H. Quarries anyone?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Concord N.H. Quarries anyone?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
Not sure if its the same place, but right above a HUGE cliff (200 ft.) and some quarry below it is a pretty cool area with multipe rock drops and 1 enormous 12 foot north shore ladder drop off. The drop is mostly complete, but it neeeds a few more slats and a landing. Anyone know who built ot or rides there?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
Well I haven't been up there in a long time but I'd be very surprised is somebody built that stuff up there given its private property. With that said whatever area your talking about sound sick, can you share exactly what location your describing so I can go check it out (and I'll happily bring some slats, a hammer, and some nails with me to finish it off)! Thanks for posting man!

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:

Its Highland not Highlands....and stay off Swensons property. Rock especially granite thats been cut away is shrp and could be unstable.

Shut up. You sound like a police officer scolding a group of 9 year-olds. The only areas of the Concord quarries that people probably shouldn't tread:

1- directly behind Swenson (the active quarry) only because it's true private property that's in use, and there is a good chance of running into someone who will be pissed off if they see you.

2- directly behind the State Prison on North State Street (below the 100 foot cliff that's visible to the West from I-93 North). This is the State Prison shooting range and even when not in use they still patrol the area by van.

I consider all other areas legit for exploration (there are tons of No Trespassing signs everywhere, but no one patrols). It's mostly XC style singletrack or fire-road width riding. No freeride stuff and minimal DH. Not that exciting but a good place to go if you just want to get into the woods. There are tons of different areas that stretch from the back parking lot of Jefferson Pilot Financial (on the Southern end) all the way to the woods above Dolan street. Any farther north than Dolan and you're getting into the active sections of the Swenson quarry.

P.S. - It was called "The Highlands" when it was a ski area so pull your diaper out of your vadge.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
arewolfe wrote:

Its Highland not Highlands....and stay off Swensons property. Rock especially granite thats been cut away is shrp and could be unstable.

Shut up. You sound like a police officer scolding a group of 9 year-olds. The only areas of the Concord quarries that people probably shouldn't tread:

1- directly behind Swenson (the active quarry) only because it's true private property that's in use, and there is a good chance of running into someone who will be pissed off if they see you.

2- directly behind the State Prison on North State Street (below the 100 foot cliff that's visible to the West from I-93 North). This is the State Prison shooting range and even when not in use they still patrol the area by van.

I consider all other areas legit for exploration (there are tons of No Trespassing signs everywhere, but no one patrols). It's mostly XC style singletrack or fire-road width riding. No freeride stuff and minimal DH. Not that exciting but a good place to go if you just want to get into the woods. There are tons of different areas that stretch from the back parking lot of Jefferson Pilot Financial (on the Southern end) all the way to the woods above Dolan street. Any farther north than Dolan and you're getting into the active sections of the Swenson quarry.

P.S. - It was called "The Highlands" when it was a ski area so pull your diaper out of your vadge.

Lol people like you really piss me off. I do know it was called Highlands, because I f*cking skied there when I was a bit smaller. It is now called Highland and thats what people should be calling it. Now please go away.

P.S. I am pretty sure I am a guy, maybe you're blind and couldn't see my pictures?

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
Wow. Both of you are super cool to be arguing on the internet. I mean seriously, everyone knows its the same place, and this is devolving into the same argument on the first page. How about some more talk about biking? The north shore drop I was talking about is above that shooting range and big cliff. Its near a cliff jump into a quarry pond, some 40 plus feet.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
go-huck-yourself wrote:
Wow. Both of you are super cool to be arguing on the internet. I mean seriously, everyone knows its the same place, and this is devolving into the same argument on the first page. How about some more talk about biking? The north shore drop I was talking about is above that shooting range and big cliff. Its near a cliff jump into a quarry pond, some 40 plus feet.

Wow you are so superior telling us what to do. Seriously, what makes you care about what Im arguing about and what makes you think I care about you critizing me?? We both kinda lose here.

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
haha you people are very immature.

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
freerider52 wrote:

Ya so are you:

"gay..with a side of gay.. thats all you need to know."

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
freerider52 wrote:

Ya so are you:

"gay..with a side of gay.. thats all you need to know."

that's my bestfriend that i was saying that too.
ever heard of a joke killer?

O+
Posted: May 19, 2010 at 11:36 Quote
this is ridiculous. im trying to find out more about the quarries. if anyone knows some legitimate stuff.. tell me. p.s. i realize this happened two years ago. maybe looking back on it all of you will realize how ridic you really are. except for the people that are actually talking about biking.

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 14:43 Quote
hopkintonraceteam wrote:
this is ridiculous. im trying to find out more about the quarries. if anyone knows some legitimate stuff.. tell me. p.s. i realize this happened two years ago. maybe looking back on it all of you will realize how ridic you really are. except for the people that are actually talking about biking.

Too True.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 15:37 Quote
I'm a C-Town boy. Used to party at the quarries and jump Hiawatha and c*nt back in the day. Extremely dangerous place if you're not paying attention.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016299
Mobile Version of Website