tire trouble

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
The tire's not seated all the way.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
If the rim is tubeless ready they are a bit tougher to seat. Pump it up to 60PSI and it should 'POP' into place on the rim. I'm serious not just kidding about the POP. You may even try some soapy water of the tire bead.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
If the rim is tubeless ready they are a bit tougher to seat. Pump it up to 60PSI and it should 'POP' into place on the rim. I'm serious not just kidding about the POP. You may even try some soapy water of the tire bead.

Don't tell him that. It sounds like it's not seated evenly at all. He's going to blow the tire off the rim if he tries that.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
ok two things the tire is NOT tubeless and the tire is even on both sides of the rim all the way around

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
Just throwing this out there: Maybe your wheel isn't true any more.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
that actually was the first thing i checked

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
Look kid. It's one or the other. Either your tire isn't seated evenly or your wheel isn't true. You can't just keep saying it's neither.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
Bring your bike to a shop.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
ok i just had my bike into a shop not a week ago and i had my wheels true and my tire looks like its evenly going around the rim now i dont know if this is the problem but the tube was after pintchin my rim causing 2 holes 2 patches

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
It sounds like your tube isn't inflating well since you patched it up, At a guess id say because patches don't stretch very well your tube will be thinner and thicker in different places due to the patches. Either that or you have put your inner tube in all twisted

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
try letting some air out of the tire.

then pump it up again slowly and as you pump it bounce the tire off the ground. this helps the tire seat correctly on the rim. then go right up to normal riding pressure.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
get a new tube, patches are meant as a quick fix on the train just to get you home, you should really replace them asap. as said above this is most likely why your tire is wobbly as the patches will not allow the tube to stretch and fill out the tire properly.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
Maybe the tire is separated and it is time to buck up for a new one. BTW a Big Earl can easily handle 60 PSI, in fact almost any MTB tire is rated for that. It is common to over fill a tire and then reduce to the pressure you want.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
what does "the tire has seperated" mean

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
Basiclly the tire could be not good. Mark where the bumbs are with some chalk and reinstall it following some of the top advise. If the bumbs show up at the same spot you may need a new tire. Good luck.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018120
Mobile Version of Website