PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what's wrong with norco
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
bighiller55 wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:

In the interest of learning something new, please explain.

norco is a candian bike company. Kona is also a canadian bike company ie bikes built in canada. the reason i say roots in canada is that i've heard they are so much based in canada anymore. but then again my LBS told me that kona is still pretty much all candian.

sorry if i don;t make sense. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

There's the facts on it. I guess they could be seen as a Canadian company, I always figured they were another Taiwan special. Learn something new every day.

From Konaworld:
"Who owns Kona and where do you make your bikes?

Kona is 50% US and 50% Canadian owned. It is an independent company; no one owns us and we don't own anything else. We design all of our bikes from the ground up and visit the factories that make our frames and components and assemble our bikes in Taiwan every month while they are being produced. Bikes these days are a virtual United Nations (we have parts on our bikes made in Canada, China, France, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, USA) so it is almost impossible to get even half the parts on a bike from one country now. It is great to support your home country but the most important thing for Kona is to make the best bikes we can because our bikes are ridden by serious riders all around the world who expect nothing short of perfection."

BULL f*ckIN' SHIT!

Kona makes their cheapie frames in Vietnam- a Hahana- is that the pursuit of perfection???
Has anyone ever looked at welds on a Kona- they're the shadiest things ever!
How can you claim to pursue perfection when three of your models last year were shipped with incompatible front derailleurs?????

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
my answer to the question "what is wrong with norco?" is that they are just damn ugly! that bent top tube looks so bad and dont even get me started on the shore or the atomik...

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
specialized, for being a asian outsourcer, its welds are quite nice, but its probably a robot making them so oh well.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
I think the reason kids hate Norcos is because they're way to heavy. I own a one 25 and i absolutly love it. Its bomb proof for what i do with it. The components arent the best but the frame is awsome. Look at it this way, if you were to ride a heavy norco, then switch to some lighter bike you would be able to throw it around so well. Thats just my opp tho.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
There is nothing wrong with norco!! Madder

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
-flowrider- wrote:

I agree. People either like or dislike them, it's a personal choice really.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
-flowrider- wrote:

I agree. People either like or dislike them, it's a personal choice not really.

Your right, Everyone has there opinions on diffrent brands, and this brand is norco, some love there products, some strongly hate it Wink

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014686
Mobile Version of Website