rate my 06 specialized demo 8 one!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
rate my 06 specialized demo 8 one!
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
there is nothing wrong with a boxxer 888 fox 40 or travis... its a lot of personal opinion. Also one thing that you have to take into account when you have a fork is how well u have it set up. If you set up a fork poorly, then it doesnt matter how nice the internals are. Also trying not to get off topic i love the demo 8, its a beauty of a bike and i am jealous. i wish i had one.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:00 Quote
nice,looks absoloutley unbreakable..9 out of 10

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
9/10, its too clean...demo's rock, specialized cant go wrong, check mine if your bored.!

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:37 Quote
hey I rode that bike with a 888 and a Fox40 on it and I put the Travis on it because it just rode so much beter. it's a nice smooth fork!

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
im getting an 08 air backed intrinsic cartridge for it in a week or two, hows the nitrous, have you changed anything, if so lets see some pics!

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
coca wrote:
You deffs took that in wrong context.
photo
https://ep3.pinkbike.org/photo/1377/pbpic1377795.jpg
Why would I diss my own bike?

And that is rubbish. Boxxer are very reliable. 888 break aswell you know. IDIOT!

that bike is my dream bike!!!!:P:P:P:P

FL
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 at 20:33 Quote
freeridemtber06 wrote:
boxxers r f*cking junk any normal human can tell u that who the f*ck wants a fork that snaps in half on the bottom stantion not me i can tell u that much
that's coming from a guy that rides a foes?
boxxers are the racing fork right now, foxes are way too bulky and have a tendency to blow through seals while manitou's on the other hand have internals that auto-destruct themselves after 1-2 months of riding... 888s are just fat heavy freeride forks...

and if you managed to destroy boxxers then maybe you should revise your riding style and ride less like a hack

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 4:59 Quote
-tgr- wrote:
freeridemtber06 wrote:
boxxers r f*cking junk any normal human can tell u that who the f*ck wants a fork that snaps in half on the bottom stantion not me i can tell u that much
that's coming from a guy that rides a foes?
boxxers are the racing fork right now, foxes are way too bulky and have a tendency to blow through seals while manitou's on the other hand have internals that auto-destruct themselves after 1-2 months of riding... 888s are just fat heavy freeride forks...

and if you managed to destroy boxxers then maybe you should revise your riding style and ride less like a hack

i agree with that all the way the deff r the best race fork out there but like i said before i would trust that fork sending it off a 20 ft drop same with the 40s i dont like them period... but i dont race i ride freeride so u would never see me ride boxxers or 40s is anything id have the totem or the amazing 888

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 at 21:03 Quote
Did you buy your demo off a kid by the name of dakota perhaps?

and guys, tone down on the manitou hate. its a perfectly good company, you just need to look after your shit most of the time and maybe it wont break... stances aside haha.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 6:31 Quote
10/10 for sure, i love your bike man. One of the nicest ones i have ever seen.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 7:01 Quote
Everything breake man, get over it, there will always be manufacturing problems but if your saying there so shit, why do so many ride them. u r sofa king wee todd it...

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 7:06 Quote
To the OP...

10/10 mate - It's an awesome rig!

I'm picking up my new (to me) 05 Demo 8 tonight from the bike shop after getting some new shit fitted so I'll post pics over the weekend.

Dunno if its as nice as yours though.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 5:26 Quote
Hy, i will rate it with 10. I am planning to buy the same bike, with one difference: It has 888's. What do you think about it?

Have a pleasant day, Matjaz

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015239
Mobile Version of Website