Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Building an HT Downhill/Trail bike...Suggestions?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Building an HT Downhill/Trail bike...Suggestions?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
dirtbagscratch wrote:
Sounds nice. How about a Banshee Scratch frame instead. I have one and it rides really well for an aggressive/DH frame. Banshee say it will work with up to an 8 inch fork, but I'm not sure how it would ride. I have just put a 66 on mine, its really slowed the steering so you have to adjust your riding style, but its good for the steeper stuff. Only problem is the BB as its a BMX shell so using gears might be a problem as some chain guides might not work.

Well thats why im going for the Morphine....I asked the guys at Banshee and they said that i could put a Super Monster on it if i wanted and it would take it like a champ.. And the BB is euro so i can use my current crankset and have NO Chain guide problems whatso ever.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
The coil version of the totem probably costs the same as a triple 8. As for the cranks, I run the hollzfellers on my v10 and love 'em.

I'm chucking my holzfellers on the FS bike, getting some more saints, allready run them on the jump bike and looove them! Hollowtech II, could you ask for anymore?

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
Why are you set on dual crowns?

Personally I would go for a 66 or Totem, or possibly shorter, Domain for example.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010879
Mobile Version of Website