Just bought 2007 DK four pack, wanna get weight down.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Just bought 2007 DK four pack, wanna get weight down.
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
BMX8000 wrote:
Ditch the brakes

Your cool.
I know

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
BMX8000 wrote:
patrickrider wrote:
BMX8000 wrote:
Ditch the brakes

Your cool.
I know

Salute

FL
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
ditch the brakes
lose the pegs
get some oddessy plastics
get a pivotal seat/post
get edwin grips
paint it white
and last but not least start wearing your sisters jeans

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
lunker8 wrote:
ditch the brakes
lose the pegs
get some oddessy plastics
get a pivotal seat/post
get edwin grips
paint it white
and last but not least start wearing your sisters jeans

Haha Big Grin But I'll have to wear my moms as I don't have a sister... Nah I'm joking, f*ck those gay trendy pants that keep your balls all tight and hot, and let other guys check out your ass's lmfao. Thanks for the tips btw, Pretty much what I was planning on doing for maximum weight loss w.o spending alot. I might get a light pair of pegs tho still cause I wanna learn grinds.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
So then ditch the brakes and cut your seatpost to like 5-6 cm, and cut your bars for now.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
lugnuts wrote:
bigquotes[/Quoten]I bought it for $300 because I got a really good deal[Quoten]

some deal that was, if you have to spent money.

strip the paint = 3-4 oz. off
seat
seat post if it's steel for alm.
pegs
light weight tube
alm. bars

- or get out the grinder

BTW I love the orange cable

aluminum bars!? WTF on a street bike your dumb....

Soon you'll be are next star. enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMjrWwwxpkc

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
broneck wrote:
If you have a lot of cash to put towards to this bike, then almost everything, handlebars, forks, stem, seat/seatpost (pivotal to really reduce the weight), sprocket, cranks, and the wheels (the wheel rotating to less weight will bring the weight down, you can feel it too). You can do that or you can sell that bike save up for something lighter or build a custom bmx.

A few things you can do now to reduce weight is take off the brakes and cut down your seatpost.

everyone thinks pivotal is the lightest way to go...

but the lightest seat and post compo that will last you more then a week is the 1664 stock post/coalation post and the odyssey junior saddle it weighs less then the pivotal

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
i shaved weight off mine by doing this-

new cranks, stock ones are heavy
new fork, as far as i know Dk forks are rediculouisly heavy
new stem, or even just an old light one
make sure not to get heavy wheels. they weigh you down ALOT. i currently run 14mm in the front. if you can afford it, but a new fork and front wheel asap. also, make sure its 10mm OR 14mm axle studs. that should bring it down.

except for the r/t (in my opinion its too light, 26 oz)

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
dude, the stock apex steat & post ( pivotal )weigh like less then 8 cheerios XD. & i dont even think its the lightest you can get.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
bmxzach wrote:
i shaved weight off mine by doing this-

new cranks, stock ones are heavy
new fork, as far as i know Dk forks are rediculouisly heavy
new stem, or even just an old light one
make sure not to get heavy wheels. they weigh you down ALOT. i currently run 14mm in the front. if you can afford it, but a new fork and front wheel asap. also, make sure its 10mm OR 14mm axle studs. that should bring it down.

except for the r/t (in my opinion its too light, 26 oz)

Ye I'm sure this fork is a tank tho it has to be a good 3-4 pounds. I got a few parts lined up I'm gonna buy including a s&m redneck xlt stem and a fork to, both much lighter and for very good prices. Also I'll take the pegs off/replace which much lighter ones and get a pivotal seat/post combo. This together should get me atleast a good 3.5 pounds or more off the bike Big Grin

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
the bars are probably really heavy too, you can cut the weight of them im half with new bars if not more. i wouldnt take off the brakes if your just beginning though..

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
I've ridden park and DJ's on my hardtail for around half a year so I'm not a beginner but Ye I'm definetly going to keep the brakes on because a bmx feels so much different.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
take a shit before every ride

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
bicycleriding wrote:

and make sure your shoe laces are not to long, you can save easy weight their. Also, who needs long hair, shave that shit. Also, have a white bike, doesn't attract heat thus it has less gravitational weight.

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
bicycleriding wrote:

and make sure your shoe laces are not to long, you can save easy weight their. Also, who needs long hair, shave that shit. Also, have a white bike, doesn't attract heat thus it has less gravitational weight.
lmao

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048177
Mobile Version of Website