Powered by Outside

Gee Atherton new Downhill World Champ!!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Gee Atherton new Downhill World Champ!!
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
yatesy576 wrote:
you know whats funny sam comes from the flatest state in the flatsest country in the world

sorry to disapoint you mate but The Netherlands are the flattest country in the world,no country in the world is as flat as in The Netherlands.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
trekrules wrote:
yatesy576 wrote:
you know whats funny sam comes from the flatest state in the flatsest country in the world

sorry to disapoint you mate but The Netherlands are the flattest country in the world,no country in the world is as flat as in The Netherlands.
well tru but u get my point

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:20 Quote
derekt wrote:
as steve peat says in easons " all thoseo ther boys are out sweating in the winter with nice weather, its a little tougher for us boys over here in the winter, I guess thats why were tougher than all them boys"

SEASONS!!! woot woot!

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
i dont like te gee athrerton cause i rode at this bmx track where he was and he was annoying. i think sam hill would have won if he didnt fall, obviously and i think he made a stupid mistake. gee did a pretty good run and wouldve gotten 2nd if sam didnt crash. i think just because sam made a stupid mistake dosent and gee wasent next in line by a few seconds back. i dont think that make gee the best.

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
yh, but basicaly, gee can keep control at that speed on that corner an sam couldn't. its a race run, if you crash then you crash, you can't say what would have happened because everything would have been diiferent, yh sam was by far the fastest at the top and in the middle but couldnt hold on to it at the proplem, how can he be the winner of the day if he can't even stay on his bike

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 2:44 Quote
definatley agree with extremme racer, theres n use in saying 'what if'
gee wonand thats it, however i thought it was peatys year so that devistating for him

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 3:15 Quote
I think it's pretty cool, when was the last time a brit won it?
Real shame about PeatyFrown , I thought he was gonna do it when Sam crashed and then, well props to Gee really.
Sam will destroy everyone next year in Canberra though.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 3:21 Quote
no he wont sam hates that track with a passion

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 3:22 Quote
yatesy576 wrote:

Doesn't matter, he'll still destroy everyone!

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 3:25 Quote
very pleased for gee but when i was watching sam's run and saw how much he boming it down i thought he should have had it. but he fel and gee didnt Big Grin

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 3:32 Quote
yatesy576 wrote:

Because?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 4:03 Quote
fair play to sam for being 10 secs up at the split but he didnt have a clean run so u cant say he deserved it.

gee was pinned and had a clean run and took the win

fair play to rachel winning by 11 secs

poor graves but hes focusing on the olympics so he had his mind on bmx all season.pretty cool that he was beating every1 in 4x when he's only raced 4x twice this year..well done arbolasa he was fast enough to deserve it.

it was gee's day and all the controversey from the blow out(sam) took away from the props gee deserved.

people crash when others have clean runs its racing .

gee deserved it

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 4:09 Quote
yatesy576 wrote:
you know whats funny sam comes from the flatest state in the flatsest country in the world and is with out a doubt the fastest man on a mtb bike.
i think if sam could keep a streek he'd give nico a run for his money

sam had nico a long time ago.

isnt holland the flattest country.

ie amazing 4x racers

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 4:22 Quote
irishdhlad wrote:
yatesy576 wrote:
you know whats funny sam comes from the flatest state in the flatsest country in the world and is with out a doubt the fastest man on a mtb bike.
i think if sam could keep a streek he'd give nico a run for his money

sam had nico a long time ago.

isnt holland the flattest country.

ie amazing 4x racers

yes holland is the flattest country in the world but also it's the lowest country in the world with some places that goes as deep as 10m under sea levelWink .Holland has also 1 off the top BMX racers in the UCI bmx Supercross series.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
i dont like te gee athrerton cause i rode at this bmx track where he was and he was annoying. i think sam hill would have won if he didnt fall, obviously and i think he made a stupid mistake. gee did a pretty good run and wouldve gotten 2nd if sam didnt crash. i think just because sam made a stupid mistake dosent and gee wasent next in line by a few seconds back. i dont think that make gee the best.
yea cause you sound like you REALLLLLLLLY know Gee, uv met him once, and tbh u probs didnt even talk 2 him. every time iv met him or dan or rach, theyv always been really sound an nice, so i dnt think thts a very fair oppinion.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.513922
Mobile Version of Website