What is the best Freeride and light cross country bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What is the best Freeride and light cross country bike
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:29 Quote
yo im buying a Transition Preston FR this weekend hopefully. The frame is apparently really good for FR and XC and EVERYTHING, according to many sources it is one of the most versatile bikes out there. plus its transition which is good because transition bikes are GNAR

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
Ive just purchased a Mondraker Prayer Air and Iam really impressed with it. It came with marzocchi tst 55 forks & roco air tst shock which enables me to lock the forks n shock out for the climb back to the top of the hill.
It also decends like a whaling banshee.Ive rode dh bikes for 8 years previous and was suprised how much hammer the bike can handle.
Another bike to think about.lol

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
I live in Florida and mainly do Cross country trails. I use my bike for freeriding and some mild downhill when I go on trips. my bike of choose would be the

Specialized SX trail.

Awesome bike!!!

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
ive got one word for you.......TITUS EL GUAPO

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
yo im buying a Transition Preston FR this weekend hopefully. The frame is apparently really good for FR and XC and EVERYTHING, according to many sources it is one of the most versatile bikes out there. plus its transition which is good because transition bikes are GNAR
agreed

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
Specialized pitch: Peddles uphill perfectly and bombs down the hills even better.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
What is your price range?

The Norco Six while a good bike is hardly a light XC bike. Are you more into free ride, jumps and park like stunts or do you want to be able to pedal easily up hills and on variable trails for longer distances?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
I am rather happy with my Pitch so far.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
linecookPDX wrote:
ive got one word for you.......TITUS EL GUAPO

TITUS EL GUAPO = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sick bikes but $2195 for just the frame!

not only that but they offer a really great Warranty! One Year!!!!

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
A lapierre zesty (140mm)

or... a lapierre spicy (160mm)

the zesty is more hardcore XC while the spicy is more enduro/fr but you can still easily pedal them both back up the hills.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
light xc and freeride is an oxymoron.

If you're looking for something inbetween I would recommend the Giant Reign or Trance X, Specialized Pitch (even though it's cheaper than an enduro it's just as good if not better). If you're made of money a Yeti 575, Commencal meta 5.5 or 666 Santa Cruz Blur 4X or LT.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
My buddy has the Giant Reign and he likes it a lot.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad, 6 inches of vpp travel, and you can build one under 30 lbs. It can handle just about everything. Just watch Kurt Voreis ride his.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:50 Quote
p-townnomad wrote:
Santa Cruz Nomad, 6 inches of vpp travel, and you can build one under 30 lbs. It can handle just about everything. Just watch Kurt Voreis ride his.
ain't cheap tho mang. especially if your trying to go sub 30. rad bikes tho

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
No one said anything about price... plus if you work at a shop that makes it a little easier Cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014168
Mobile Version of Website