Powered by Outside

Tour de France

PB Forum :: 29ers
Tour de France
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
dkidd wrote:
BTW. did anyone see good footage of the cliff-dive crash today?
Pereiro's...

I was watching the coverage on OLN. There wasn't a very good visual on it. If anyone gets a good clip on it then link it please!

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 8:19 Quote
Well so far it has been a very interesting race. Besides retarted Ricco.

I still think it is wide open to who will win this year. Evans was having a tough first day in the Alps and showed some weakness. The next two stages are going to be an attack fest.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 0:06 Quote
I think Cadel has a good chance of winning the tour but his team isnt that strong especially with the mountain stages coming up but he would be the most consistent leader of the yellow jersey. Does anyone think that Christian Vandevelde has any chance??

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 0:37 Quote
I'm kind sad about the Tour. I find it lost something now that doping is such a major part of it. I just lost my interest after Landis won.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
Hmmm. Seems to be a race of seconds for the overall.

CSC is such a strong team. Carlos Sastre finally in yellow after attacking on Alp d Huez and 15,000 feet of climbing for the day. Cadel has his work cut out for him in the final time trial on Saturday after letting Carlos get over two minutes on him. Gotta like those Schleck bros.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Vandevelde is done. Evans will win if he can get his ugly f*cking head out of his ass and time trial like we all know he's capable of... he didn't do too badly today...

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
I think the tour has lost its credibility after all the doping scandals. After all, it's not really the skill you had to admire but the determination and physical endurance. If however riders use performance enhancing substances that appeal is kind of gone for me.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
I'm kind sad about the Tour. I find it lost something now that doping is such a major part of it. I just lost my interest after Landis won.

yea same point in time where i gave up on that sport. he was the guy i picked out in the 2006 tour then he won it in 2007 but got busted. so that kinda turned me off it.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
haha i never thought i'd be caught watching the Tour. i started watching it last week on OLN because i couldn't find anything else. i got pretty into it. but yeah, i went to my uncle's cottage monday-wednesday and all we did really was watch the tour and went and rode 25K. but todays climb was nuts, then like yesterday i think it was Cadel Evens who missed the turn on the downhill going like 90 Km/H and went over the edge. i'm super jelous of my uncle now. he's going to France tommorow morning for a week and he got V.I.P or something for when they roll through Paris.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
odin333 wrote:
haha i never thought i'd be caught watching the Tour. i started watching it last week on OLN because i couldn't find anything else. i got pretty into it. but yeah, i went to my uncle's cottage monday-wednesday and all we did really was watch the tour and went and rode 25K. but todays climb was nuts, then like yesterday i think it was Cadel Evens who missed the turn on the downhill going like 90 Km/H and went over the edge. i'm super jelous of my uncle now. he's going to France tommorow morning for a week and he got V.I.P or something for when they roll through Paris.

That would be Pereiro. Cadel had a spill I'm pretty sure, but not over the cliff.

I'm in the same boat as you. Just kind of laughed at the idea of watching the tour. Then I did and got sucked in.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
odin333 wrote:

That would be Pereiro. Cadel had a spill I'm pretty sure, but not over the cliff.

I'm in the same boat as you. Just kind of laughed at the idea of watching the tour. Then I did and got sucked in.

No... it definately wasn't Cadel... and Pereiro crashed last week... he fell over a cliff. It was the S. African for Barloworld (I think0 who missed the corner. The 21 year old dude... I'll check on the name...

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
dkidd wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:
odin333 wrote:

No... it definately wasn't Cadel... and Pereiro crashed last week... he fell over a cliff. It was the S. African for Barloworld (I think0 who missed the corner. The 21 year old dude... I'll check on the name...

Sorry I thought he was reffering to Pereiros spill. It wasn't Augustyn that you were referring to, was it?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
dkidd wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

Sorry I thought he was reffering to Pereiros spill. It wasn't Augustyn that you were referring to, was it?

That's the one... thanks.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
u think cadel can take the time trial on saturday?

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Nicycle3-1 wrote:
u think cadel can take the time trial on saturday?

I'm not too sure what to think. At the moment there's a couple people who could take the tour.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013142
Mobile Version of Website