Powered by Outside

pike or lyric??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
pike or lyric??
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
PIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
way better and lyrik isnt as strongas the pike and pike is just generally better for dj

the Lyric is considerably tougher than the Pike, both in the physical chassis / structure (crown / steerer / stanchions / lowers) and the damper (mission control) and spring (coil u-turn, solo air or 2-step air) than the Pike

the Pike is a smaller, shorter (crown to axle height) lighter 32mm fork suitable for trail and all-mountain riding

the Lyric is a larger, longer, heavier 35mm fork suitable for all-mountain and light freeriding

I've owned several of both Pike and Lyric forks, Totems and Domains, and the lyric and Domain will survive abuse which will kill a Pike,the Domain is the toughest mid travel fork before you step up the Totem which is the big daddy

today, I had a call from a UK SRAM technician telling me that my Pike 454 Air U-Turn is effectively DEAD...the air spring, air tube, damper, chassis and bushings are all smoked

they are prepared to warranty my fork as its only 7 months old, but cannot replace it as the Air tube is not available for 2009 (the Air U-Turn is a 2008 fork) - to SRAM's credit they have credited our bike shop's account and instructed me to pull another Pike 454 Air U-T from our stock

I was doing this kind of thing to my Pike, its my own fault really...I should have been using a Domain, Argyle or Totem for this kind of abuse

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
Is there a Lyric 2-step air for 2010? Does anyone have any experience with this fork? How'd you like it? Pros Cons etc.

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
i run the Lyric for my 4x bike and wind it out for some freeride and xc riding, it will out last the pike and you can save the weight if your in to gram saving in other areas.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.478578
Mobile Version of Website