Powered by Outside

how do i bunny hop

PB Forum :: Beginners
how do i bunny hop
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 8:17 Quote
bikerider93 wrote:
its all in the upper body, your feet just go along for the ride. lift up ur bars using ur arms and push them away from you when the front end is at the highest point.

I use my feet to hoik (sp? basically the fun way of saying lift) up the back wheel for some extra height.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
bikerider93 wrote:
its all in the upper body, your feet just go along for the ride. lift up ur bars using ur arms and push them away from you when the front end is at the highest point.

I use my feet to hoik (sp? basically the fun way of saying lift) up the back wheel for some extra height.

that is what i used to do. If you pull up ur back wheel and when its at its highest point push the bars away from and just practice. You will be able to go much higher eventually.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
bikerider93 wrote:
Bolmy wrote:
bikerider93 wrote:

that is what i used to do. If you pull up ur back wheel and when its at its highest point push the bars away from and just practice. You will be able to go much higher eventually.

Well I progressed about 3inches higher (at least) without really thinking, but just commiting to it more, so y'know, that always helps.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
I've only just got into DJing these past few weeks. I think I pretty much understand the concept of how to hop, I just need to practice. What I want to know is when dirt jumping (or using any kinda ramp), does most of your air come from bunny hopping or simply using speed and scooping the rear to get airbourne?
Ta people.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
well first try to get both wheels off the ground at once thats what ive been doing

and after you can do that lift the front wheel then do the 2 wheel hop like before, and u get the pushing down action

then try pulling up like 1 inch and then do the 2 wheel hop again

and keep doing the pushing down and try to land on ur front wheel so u you no you can bunny hop. but then try to land both wheels because its safer

hope that helpedBatman

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
point your feet down on the pedals and push backwards so then you can endo without using brakes, andcan get the back wheel up. then all you need to do is lift the front wheel up and push back on your pedals. hope this helps!

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:19 Quote
landonm wrote:
what you are going to want to do is go out in youre drive way or just on the road in front of youre house.go fairly slow and stop peddling and pull up by leaning back and pulling with you're arms and as youre reaching youre highest point of youre papa wheelie. use youre shoulders and arms push the bike away. and practice practice practice. after you can start getting youre back tire off the ground a little bit you can try just hopping little things and even if you dont make it you wont crash but you still will be working on youire skills
I know how to bunny hop pretty good but in some instances when I went to go up a curb(Just under estimated it) and you case the back tire you will usually crash haha........Learn manuals next...Its so much fun doing manuals then hopping over stuff still doing the manual.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 21:34 Quote
Make like a bunny and Hop.

Seriously,i really think this is a mpve you have to learn on your own

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
i just do bunny with the 2 whells same time

works the same with me

never learned bunny hop :S

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.243041
Mobile Version of Website