Powered by Outside

Banshee scythe? (good/bad)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Banshee scythe? (good/bad)
Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
ok, just so the guy who just posted all those bikes knows, there all stupidly expensive to build because almost all those frames are over 3 grand, and the syche frame only is 2 grand

this is a great bike, im actually going to buy one for this coming season
Not really, the ones that are at 2k are the sunday (which can be bougth offline for 1900ish), the 7 point, the giant, the demo, sx trail, big hit, a-line, shore, and the commencal mini dh.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
sick bike for a great price, but i live in bc..so wont raly work

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
jackaljumps wrote:
sick bike for a great price, but i live in bc..so wont raly work
ooh if your talking about my buddy's devinci, that sucks bro Frown well good luck getting a bike. IMO the scythe is a sick looking frame bro

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
as for the other bikes i have a big hit now and absalutly hate it, just to remind you, i want a bike that freerides and downhills

thanks

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
Scythe is an evolution of the original Banshee Scream and gives a 2lb lighter yet tougher (due to hydroformed tubing and better engineering) frame with longer stroke suspension (smoother ride over rough ground and longer shock life) and geometry adjustments to allow you to dial it in - 7" / 8" / Freeride / Downhill settings

its not "ground breaking" in that it doesn't have fancy virtual pivots or whatnot, but the Scythe is designed to be an extremely tough, durable and low maintenance rig for the kind of rider that needs a super reliable, controlled bike that will take an extreme beatdown and not be replacing the bearings every 2 months like happens with alot of the virtual pivot bikes....

as with all the Banshee bikes, it feels very dialled to ride and most people trying one out say "its just right" - this is because of very good geometry, laterally stiff rear end and probably the best "faux-bar" suspension on the market (don't confuse it with Kona,etc.)

my friend Toby has just come back from 2 weeks of riding in the French Alps on his Scythe and did not complain about "brake jack" Wink

photo

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
thanks, thats what i wanted to hear

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
as with all the Banshee bikes, it feels very dialled to ride and most people trying one out say "its just right" - this is because of very good geometry, laterally stiff rear end and probably the best "faux-bar" suspension on the market (don't confuse it with Kona,etc.)
my friend Toby has just come back from 2 weeks of riding in the French Alps on his Scythe and did not complain about "brake jack" Wink

It's the same suspension design.

And some people like brake jack. I've only ridden a Scythe briefly and I have to say, it felt great.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
those bikes look so much better single crown

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
I’d say it’s not worth the money, by the looks of it will have bad brake jack and the suspension system is a version of a single pivot. Also Banshee only gives something like 2 or 3 years for warranty, if I were you I would look for something more reliable.

one of the best thing about buying a banshee is they are reliable their bearings like never wear out and they are strong, banshee's are some of the most reiable bikes out there, but they probably do have some pretty bad brake jack, i would buy a scythe they are good for dh and and fr and its nice to have a reiable bike esspecially if you ride bike parks lots

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
the only problem for me is coming up with the money

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
Beyond Bikes is selling the frame with DHX 5.0 Coil for $1750 usd. I'll be picking one up this winter and plan to do a full build w/ a Totem solo air. I can't wait to see what she turns into!

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
sorry but anyone got any clue's on this.

photo

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
marquis wrote:

photo

thats nice! it looks like it wouldent have as much brake jack but stil be durable like banshees have been it looks like dw link with the shock mounted on virtual pivot and its got the top link like the demos its cool

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
marquis wrote:

[SNIP]
Its the Banshee Legend, its supposed to be a full-on race frame, and from what people said its one of the best on the market. That one is a proto, they will be coming out in 2010 but Banshee first needs to finalize the design and get rid of any bugs.

And to the guy that said its the dw suspension system, well its not, and their can not be any brake jack it has a solid rear triangle.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
coldfusion wrote:
marquis wrote:

[SNIP]
Its the Banshee Legend, its supposed to be a full-on race frame, and from what people said its one of the best frames on the market. That one is a proto, they will be coming out in 2010 but Banshee first needs to finalize the design and get rid of any bugs.

And to the guy that said its the dw suspension system, well its not, and their can not be any brake jack it has a solid rear triangle.

ha ha i havnt done my homework so i maybe wrong but,all frames will suffer brake jack when there pivots and heavy moving abjects,i,e wheels spinning.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016320
Mobile Version of Website