Greatest tire combo, in your opinion! (All disciplines welcome!)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Greatest tire combo, in your opinion! (All disciplines welcome!)
O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
2.8, 2.7 those are huge

I use 2.1 nevagels
or 2.0 some specialized flak jacket tire

the 2.5 michelins on the DH are nice

whats the widest tire anyone has used seriously i'd like to see a pic

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
photo

photo

These are arrow racing 3.0

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
Does anyone run Tubeless?
Do you like it better? (pros/cons)

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
For DJ: (right now I use this bike for trails also)
Front: 2.35 Maxxis minion dhf (want to try a high roller semi-slick)
Rear: 2.25 Arrow racing launch

DH
Minion DHF 3C front and rear.
I want to try michelins.
I currently have a Intense edge 2.35 on the rear.

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
Street/Park
kenda k-rad up front and kenda kiniption in the back

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
Crandawg wrote:
Does anyone run Tubeless?
Do you like it better? (pros/cons)
I run the Stans conversion on my aline and love it. I use Mavic 729s and a blue groove nevegal combo both 2.5 foldable bead. the wieght savings is great and at the right spot, rotational mass as far from the axle as posible so you really feel it. You can run lower pressure with out the worry of pinch flats and gain gobs of traction, or you can run higher pressure and get even less rolling resitance.
The only con that I can think of is that it wont seal tears in the side wall and in most cases the tread either. I took a 4" nail though the tread and out the side wall leaving a 1/2" tear in the side wall. The Stans sealed both hole quickly but as soon as I went to roll away the side wall opened up right away, but even if I stuck a tube in the tire it would have came out the side wall tear. I know I could have stuck a bill in the tire to hold the tube in,but I am Canadian and the smallest bill that we have is a 5 and with the stans residue in the tire it would have wasted the 5 bucks.

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
haha^^

Stan's is great, but it sometimes can get a bit expensive. Great suggestions everyone!

I tried out a new XC tire, and I might have to add it. It is the Maxxis Ignitor.

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 23:16 Quote
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
haha^^

Stan's is great, but it sometimes can get a bit expensive. Great suggestions everyone!

I tried out a new XC tire, and I might have to add it. It is the Maxxis Ignitor.

how did it go? i run it on rear and it seem to do the job but i may be missing out having not tried any others. did you go tubeless?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 0:48 Quote
For BMX:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.danscomp.com/images/products/mid_442095.gifFront: Odyssey Dirt Path

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bigboysports.de/katalog/reifen/refody8.jpgRear: Odyssey Path

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 1:07 Quote
2.4 maxxis holy rollers or 2.35 dmr moto diggers for dirt jump, and some 2.5 maxxis hookworms for park.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 1:38 Quote
for riding trails its 1.85 holly rollers in the winter i stick a comp 3 on the front! small tyres are the way! Fat 2.3 tyres suck! just ride smooth

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 2:53 Quote
For all round fun on my hardail...2.7 High roller on the front and a Swalbe Crazy Bob on the rear. The drifts you get are quite scary Razz

For freeride and dry DH High roller supertacky front and a 60a high roller for the rear. Never have let me down...even when I ran 2.35's for a bit.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 3:02 Quote
dj/park/ some FR:

front tioga squere of eight

rear tioga factory fs100

i think its a good combo Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
anti-guitar-hero wrote:
haha^^

how did it go? i run it on rear and it seem to do the job but i may be missing out having not tried any others. did you go tubeless?

I liked it, it was smooth and gripped fairly well, but I must say I prefer the Continental Speed King. SWEET tire. Extremely light, corners and grips amazingly, looks sweet, and lasts a long time. They are both great tires, but I am going to stick with the Speed King, although the Maxxis is nice too. And yes, tubeless.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
minnon c3 in front and a highroller c3 in back, perfect!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024220
Mobile Version of Website