My Bike for Downhill?

PB Forum :: Downhill
My Bike for Downhill?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
the shorter stem moves your position on the bike further back, it takes your weight of the front of the bike.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
A shorter stem will make the cockpit a lot shorter, giving you more control and ease of steering. If you wanted to replace one part, I would agree that the stem is worth replacing; the bike will feel completely different.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
Ah right, I get it now. Thanks.

Would you say it was worth it though, or just wait till I get a whole new bike(I'm more tempted to go this Razz )?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
I hope you have a good helmet Two-Face

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
MOUNTAIN-GROWN wrote:
I hope you have a good helmet Two-Face

Heh, at the moment, only a 661 piss pot.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
another thing, in the photo is your seat all the way down.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:

Unfortunately, Yeah, that's as low as it goes.

I was going to call my seat Jenna Jameson, but it doesn't go down enough...

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
hahahaha good onetup

Pick up a used stem, if you can find one. If you plan on getting a new bike in the near future, hold off and save your cash. A brand new hardtale with a sweet build can be had for 1600 CAD and under.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:

Unfortunately, Yeah, that's as low as it goes.

I was going to call my seat Jenna Jameson, but it doesn't go down enough...

an easy and cheap thing to do is, take your seat post out and cut a couple of inches off the bottom of it so you can get it really low and out of the road so you shorts, legs dont get caught on it all the time.
make sure you clean up the cut with a file and lube your seat post when you put it back into the frame

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
hahahaha good onetup

Pick up a used stem, if you can find one. If you plan on getting a new bike in the near future, hold off and save your cash. A brand new hardtale with a sweet build can be had for 1600 CAD and under.

To be honest, I'll see how this one fares out... I haven't taken it out properly as of yet as I've been pretty busy with stuff. That's around £800, I think. I'd probably keep it and put it towards a nice full suss Big Grin

What's your seat called? lol Razz

Stinyrider;

Aye, I may consider doing that, Thanks. Like I said above, I haven't taken it out properly yet, so I'll see how it is. If it's Ok, then I won't cut it, but if I need to, I'll chop it to bits...

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
I don't have a name for my bike or seat, or any other parts for that matter. I know my seat is generally not worried about how low it can go though. I'm fairly tall, 6'1 or 2" and I ride mainly DH, its usually up there pretty high.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I don't have a name for my bike or seat, or any other parts for that matter. I know my seat is generally not worried about how low it can go though. I'm fairly tall, 6'1 or 2" and I ride mainly DH, its usually up there pretty high.

Oh Yeah, I know, I was just screwing around Razz

Ah right, Don't you put it all the way down so it's completely out the way though?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
get some odyssey plastic pedals.
then a new stem.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

Oh Yeah, I know, I was just screwing around Razz

Ah right, Don't you put it all the way down so it's completely out the way though?

Being that tall, it probably doesn't get in the road for him as much.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
i just saw someone dhing on a kona xc bike the other week he did a black diamond and he did fine because hes a beginner i think ull be fine on a beginner run

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018739
Mobile Version of Website