Powered by Outside

D1** whistler

PB Forum :: Downhill
D1** whistler
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
It opened a few years ago and had some more jumps, and a gap on wallride after you came out of the trees, but that section has been taken out due to previous years of construction.

It is a "pro line" to keep in-experienced riders off the trail. The entrance to the trail was originally designed as a walk in to scare off riders, but most people ride it now.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
evankennedy wrote:
It opened a few years ago and had some more jumps, and a gap on wallride after you came out of the trees, but that section has been taken out due to previous years of construction.

It is a "pro line" to keep in-experienced riders off the trail. The entrance to the trail was originally designed as a walk in to scare off riders, but most people ride it now.

Yeah I miss the older version.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
coopers wrote:
I live in Whistler and this one of my favorite trails. You can access it by hitting little alder, which is another less ridden trail. Little alder is just plain singletrack with no stunts. Or you can take the expressway road off the side by the containers on freight train. In Deep also ends up at lil alder.

D1 itself starts out with a tricky tech start over some gnarly roots and drops off into a step down to big berm. From there on, its all big gaps and sick jumps. Don't even think about entering unless you got DJs dialed. It's super smooth and nice, you just have to work hard to clean the trail for sure. It's a bit tight in the trees, not alot of room for mistakes.

D1 is located to the right of Too Tight.

like crab apple hits?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
No it's nothing like crabapple hits. There are maybe 3 jumps on the trail now. Besides those, which people have already described and the technical section at the beginning, its similar to too tight.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
evankennedy wrote:
No it's nothing like crabapple hits. There are maybe 3 jumps on the trail now. Besides those, which people have already described and the technical section at the beginning, its similar to too tight.

no i meant are the jumps like crap apple hits minus the hip and step up?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Does anyone have a vid?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
evankennedy wrote:

no the rest of the jumps are really small

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
M00se wrote:
d8flat8 wrote:
evankennedy wrote:

no the rest of the jumps are really small

so the only thing hard is the begining? after the step up it gets easy?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
a vid would be helpfull...

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
you probably wont be able to find a video of it. It's quite a short trail. Check it out next time you're in whistler.

FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
thats it! Next time I'm in whistler I'm gonna have to film it with someone!!!

Also nobody mentions that you can get at it by taking facrobat! Another tech trail like in deep but its a liitle more fr orientated... Has some cool ladders and some skinnys.. Then it pops you out just above d1!!!

Check out our vids!!

-EricP.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
pedalpower7443 wrote:
oh well its really really hidden. i cant even begin to tell you what trails its near. you have to ride down the logging road a ways to get to it. but its nuts. its the only pro-line rated trail at whistler.

yeah, it is a bit of a hidden treasure. i guess the best way to explain it is to go down the express lane off to the right where the big container step up is on freight train. then d1 is on the left about 400-500 feet before the garbanzo express. i love that trail. all the warning signs before it make it just that much more exciting. but it's not too hard. if you can handle techy sections and gap jumps you can handle d1.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
haha now i feel special for riding D1 when all these people are asking about it.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
pedalpower7443 wrote:
haha now i feel special for riding D1 when all these people are asking about it.
haha, im still a little iffy about it.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
pedalpower7443 wrote:
haha, im still a little iffy about it.

haha yeah, but its sweet to see.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020790
Mobile Version of Website