PB Forum :: Kona
Shred bass or stinky?
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
Capt-CRUNCH wrote:
i would reccomend you stay away from kona
they suck

had any expiriences?

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
I'd go for the stinky, It's pretty heavy, but totally worth it for DH and trails. It's hard to dirt jump with it, but you can still get some pretty sick air.

(Woot for Kona!)

FL
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
plywood wrote:
thanks for the feedback... few more questions

so on the Bass, if u were land hard off a huck ur rear shock wouldnt damage ur frame?

like the only reason i dont go really big on my Dawg is because the times i have ive hear a loud thumd, my rear shock compressing and bang into the frame... which is one of the reason i was thinking a Ht eleminate it completely. or the stinky which ive ridden and its felt endless...

thats bottoming out, not the shock hitting ur frame

Posted: Dec 14, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
bass definetly and if konas were as bad as people say they are they would have gone out of buisness a LONG time ago so wuld you guys lighten up

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
unless its the 09 bass, go for the stinky, i just upgraded from a specialized p2 to one of those, and its like 5lbs heavyier, and feels so much better can handel anythin i throw at it Razz

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
i say go for the bass

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
bass end of thread

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
Break it bros? Yeah that was me and my little bro years ago before we went to Kona. Now I rip my 3rd Stinky and my bro rails his Stab. Get the Stinky, end of thread.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
I would go with a stinky. its always better to be too strong then too weak.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
I started also on a dawg. It's not for extreme freeride. I bought myself a stinky deluxe. What a bike. I dropped 4 meters without any problems. It's a bike that's very friendly. You can use it in de parks with big drops.
Lately i'm building a bikepark in the Netherlands. check http://www.freerideachterhoek.nl
I found out that the stinky is not a dirt jumper so ik bought myself a cowan 2009.
So you have to deside what you want to do with your bike. Do you like parkriding with medium drops till 2-3 meters and you've got the skills and technik to increse the inpact after the drop with your leggs you better buy a Bass. I'ts a dirtjump bike with anough travel to take some medium drops. Otherwise you must go for the stinky when you love downhill riding and big stuf dropping.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
hi maby the nose it when ur doing drop is your shock try getting a dhx 3/4/5 the puting more air thaat might help

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
get yourself a kona stinky ther alot better the suspensin is endless you get a lot for your money the only thing i want to put on mine is a chain guide get it from
www.evanscycles.co.uk as it is £1200 rrp is £1500

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
i have an 07 stinky. i do a lot of jumps, and downhill. it handles both very well. i think with a better fork it'd handle the dh even sweeter than it does now. i love my stinky. it's heavy, but it's easy to get tons of air with it, and pedaling it uphill isn't as hard as everyone says it is.
i think the stab is marketed more for straight downhill riding, and the stinky is marketed more as a fr bike. as for the performance of the stab i wouldn't know, but i say +1 for stinky

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
freeride? go stinky. DJ go shred and slopstyle go bass. you cant use shred for hard out freeride same with bass you can do it but not hardcore one but stinky dont work well for dj or slopestyle

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017917
Mobile Version of Website