Powered by Outside

New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
New Frame Deisgn (not a joke)
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
im sorry il explain, this is the linkage only, there is no main frame.

Yellow is swing arm,

black is bar in between two pivots.

Blue is shock

Black lines are linkage

Red Dots are pivots

The lowest red pivot is where the bb would be

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
I give up for now... If you would find it easier to draw on paper, do so, then take a pic. This is looks like hieroglyphics...

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
bassicaaly AB the idea is the the rear wheel can move in any direction in a given area to react to hits more natural(do to the no axel path) so you hit a drop it goes up you hit a log it goes back ect.

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
nowww you got the idea coming together. if you had that working good, it would take a shitload of engineering, but jeeeeez that could work really well.

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
merkel wrote:
nowww you got the idea coming together. if you had that working good, it would take a shitload of engineering, but jeeeeez that could work really well.
i hade a proto of a very similar one last year problem was my shoc had to float and i could never get it to float correctly in the last 1/2 of the travel.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 22:55 Quote
the big prob in my head looking at this is that when you hit a square edge, the wheel would travel back and up very quickly, which i would imagine would be very problematic for chain growth and cause massive pedal feedback. also, as it is every time the yellow linkage was activated i would pull the black linkage back, expanding the wheelbase and chain, even on purely landings as they are connected. I could definitely be looking at the drawing wrong tho.

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
spag wrote:
photo

one point i am still missing with a design like this is making the shock compress with the lower pivot movement
that doesn't look like it would hold the stress at all its tiny and only on one point

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
what about chain growth have u thought of that becuz when i think of the rear end moving it looks like a lot of chain growth

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
spag wrote:
im sorry il explain, this is the linkage only, there is no main frame.

Yellow is swing arm,

black is bar in between two pivots.

Blue is shock

Black lines are linkage

Red Dots are pivots

The lowest red pivot is where the bb would be
sorry but just doesn't seam realalistic

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
i fixed my problem last night in my head, i will draw a picture and post it later on

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
spag wrote:
i fixed my problem last night in my head, i will draw a picture and post it later on

if i were yo i would make a cardboard cut out with pins to see if its gonna work.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
marquis wrote:
spag wrote:

if i were yo i would make a cardboard cut out with pins to see if its gonna work.
Holy crap, that's genius... I can't believe no one thought of that earlier Eek Beer

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
marquis wrote:
spag wrote:

Holy crap, that's genius... I can't believe no one thought of that earlier Eek Beer

lol not sure if thats sarcasam or not can never tell with americans.

i cant see it working but thats just my opinion.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
marquis wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
marquis wrote:

Not sarcasm.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
marquis wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Not sarcasm.

ah my bad then,and it would make sense me think's,interesting to see if the op trie's it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024573
Mobile Version of Website