Powered by Outside

Does anyone ride with a leatt brace?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Does anyone ride with a leatt brace?
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 4:48 Quote
louis2468routier wrote:
My point of vue is what looks more retarded?.. Wearing a Leatt brace and protecting whats the most important to you.. Or Sitting in a wheel chair and having someone wipe your drool from your mouth cuz your f-ed???

Very much the second option! I'm a huge believer in protection. Anything that can save your life or save your life as you know it has to be worth wearing.

I didn't know much about the Leatt brace until this thread was started but now I'm seriously thinking about getting one!

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
since the leatt is supposed to move the damage away from the neck, doesn't it move it down your spine? I have fractured a few vertebrae before and do not want to do that again.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
longviewjunkie wrote:
since the leatt is supposed to move the damage away from the neck, doesn't it move it down your spine? I have fractured a few vertebrae before and do not want to do that again.

no, it keeps your neck from compressing, usually instead of breaking your back, you'll break a collar bone

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
longviewjunkie wrote:

no, it keeps your neck from compressing, usually instead of breaking your back, you'll break a collar bone
collar bones heal... necks don't.. I am getting one of those bad boys

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
jds711 wrote:
I do for mx, but found that i change my neck and head angles riding, and it didnt work with the leatt, not sure if anyone else had this problem.

i did, try putting on different attachments like the back plate connecter w/ diff angles or using the bolts on the front and back to move the angles down therefore you will have more movement

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but having broken my collar bone, and my back(twice) TRUST ME, I would much much rather break the collar bone 10 times again before my back. There isn't much worse than waking up in a hospital bed unable to feel your legs.... it's even worse when you're like that for a week. Been there done that, I don't race downhill or motocross without a leatt brace.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but having broken my collar bone, and my back(twice) TRUST ME, I would much much rather break the collar bone 10 times again before my back. There isn't much worse than waking up in a hospital bed unable to feel your legs.... it's even worse when you're like that for a week. Been there done that, I don't race downhill or motocross without a leatt brace.
i'm suprised that you ride at all still, props.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
pake wrote:
Gsnickets wrote:
i'm suprised that you ride at all still, props.

I got super lucky, twice. I did get a really sweet tempurpedic bed out of it all.... totally worth the money BTW.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 22:55 Quote
when i broke my back i landed on my head and have had two nuerosurgeons and a guy that does ct scans tell me im lucky i can walk, for some reason all of the pressure transfered to my t-5 and t-6 and not my neck.

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
longviewjunkie wrote:
when i broke my back i landed on my head and have had two nuerosurgeons and a guy that does ct scans tell me im lucky i can walk, for some reason all of the pressure transfered to my t-5 and t-6 and not my neck.

that's how my second one was, t10 11 and 12... the leatt will keep your whole spine from compressing though, not just your neck.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
I've been using the Leatt brace for almost a season,i totally loving it.Fit's awesome and never noticed i wearing it.Here a view photo's riding with the leatt.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
what park is that top picture from?

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
fantaman wrote:
I've been using the Leatt brace for almost a season,i totally loving it.Fit's ]
hey man i was thinking about buying one for next season but i dont know if you can wear one whitout body armor and does its reduce the movement of the head ??

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
longviewjunkie wrote:

haha thats funny you say that my friend JUST yesterday crashed his motorcycle and was wearing a leatt and broke his color bone...

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
ya ive heard lots of good things about them, i havent deciede if i want to get one for next season yet or not but deffinitly withen the next few years its going to be another piece of your equipment that you just grab. I was talking to some guys up in whistler and they say it doesnt restrict their movement once its set up for you. They did say that it takes all the impact off your neck but it put it all on your collar bone so you will break your collar bone more, but like Gsnickets said i would much rather break that than my back.

danny

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019610
Mobile Version of Website