Powered by Outside

Best Value Bikes: All-Mountain

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Value Bikes: All-Mountain
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 2:25 Quote
The Specialized Pitch is a fantastic bike for the money, I've had mine for over a year now, spent a bit of cash on things as i could afford them / wanted them, it's not got Hope Hoops (DT5.1D's on Hope Pro II Hubs) XT cassett, SLX Crankset, Sunline V1 bars & AM stem and a set of Spech' lock-ons. Oh yeah throw in a Joplin too.

It's a superb all day bike you can ride up most anything with no worries, and going down the other side it's fantastic, it handles twisty single track with ease and despite being subjected to a british winter and an even wetter british summer the bearings are all faultless.

Truly is great VFM and mine weighs 32lbs all in

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 2:46 Quote
steveb77 wrote:
The Specialized Pitch is a fantastic bike for the money, I've had mine for over a year now, spent a bit of cash on things as i could afford them / wanted them, it's not got Hope Hoops (DT5.1D's on Hope Pro II Hubs) XT cassett, SLX Crankset, Sunline V1 bars & AM stem and a set of Spech' lock-ons. Oh yeah throw in a Joplin too.

It's a superb all day bike you can ride up most anything with no worries, and going down the other side it's fantastic, it handles twisty single track with ease and despite being subjected to a british winter and an even wetter british summer the bearings are all faultless.

Me too! I pimped my pitch and it waqs fecking awesome'!!

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 4:01 Quote
MUnibiker wrote:
steveb77 wrote:

Me too! I pimped my pitch and it waqs fecking awesome'!!

pitches are amazing. we have 3 in our shop, and there awsome. my friend who is normally on a demo 7 2. was throwing 20 foot road gaps on a stock pitch pro. they can def take a beating

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 5:34 Quote
Another vote for the Pitch.
My brother in law has one, and it's an amazing, value for money, do it all bike

Posted: Dec 12, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
I had the Reign X0 demo last week and found it to be a great pedaler. I commuted from Pitt Meadows to Port Moody daily in addition to getting up to Burke and Burnaby with it. I didn't find any problems climbing Burke but I'm 140 lbs, 5'9" and mainly sit and spin.

I also refuse to use the lockouts or pro-pedal features since I want the suspension active on climbs especially when its like Burke. There was no noticeable bob or power loss so and I had it tuned about 10 to 15 pounds under my riding weight.

This week I have the Reign 0 and rode it on Neds' and bridal path with the bloody fork at 100mm instead of 140mm DOH! Even so it rode really well but I'm a roller on the drops not a hucker. Its a great bike too so you might want to at least try one.

My shop is in Pt. Moody and only sells Giant I can book any available demo for you if you want to ride one on the local mountains. Email me through PB if you do.

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
Felt Virtue series, and felt Compulsion series.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
Mongoose Khyber. I have one and not only does it ride really well but the specs for the dollar value is hard to beat. I've done drops, jumps and general trail riding and I've never felt like I have to wrong bike for any of it.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
I live to ride a small '05 Norco Six. Absolutely the best bike ever. It's been up and down mountains with me. I raced a full summer of dh on it this year. I nailed the biggest drop of my life on it (it's posted in here somewhere.) It survived 3 seasons in Pemberton & Whistler's bike park... Because I often lend out the hardtail, I find myself riding it on the big epics too. I rode 6hrs in the snow Saturday. 150mm rear end, tight-ass F.S.R.linkage, Scoper post, I run a Boxxer Ride so I can set it at 5.3" travel front & back, up to 6.1" rear & 7" front. I often run a Manitou Swinger air shock to dump a pound & benefit from S.P.V.. The new ones are prettier, even more versatile and lighter too! Backcountry to backflips.

I dig the Reign series too.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021644
Mobile Version of Website