Team?

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
komar wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Yar mang your more then welcome just kinda get be in meet up at the races and such?

Ryan

Sweet, we can rep the jerseys at ye old nitehawk lol.

For sure if ya have any thoughts for jersey design or anything hit my up with PM or chat bout that good stuff on MSN.

Ryan

need a logo

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
Sounds awesome dude. I'm tempted to start a wee team in Scotland after reading this Salute

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 2:49 Quote
Well. When me and my mates started racing, we needed something to put into the 'team/sponsor' box on the application. I didn't put much thought into it, and one of my mates is nicknamed Mammouth (you can probably guess why) so we called it Team Mammouth Racing. We never take anything serious as a team, we just go to races, put that down on the application as team name, and have a bit of fun. We haven't got jerseys, or stickers, or a website. We just wanted something to check the box.

So for me, a team should be (unless it's a team for a bike shop, or bike company) just a laugh. Something that you can just put down in the box, if you want to, get jerseys made up, but don't take anything too seriously, it takes out the fun.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 2:51 Quote
timlake wrote:
Well. When me and my mates started racing, we needed something to put into the 'team/sponsor' box on the application. I didn't put much thought into it, and one of my mates is nicknamed Mammouth (you can probably guess why) so we called it Team Mammouth Racing. We never take anything serious as a team, we just go to races, put that down on the application as team name, and have a bit of fun. We haven't got jerseys, or stickers, or a website. We just wanted something to check the box.

So for me, a team should be (unless it's a team for a bike shop, or bike company) just a laugh. Something that you can just put down in the box, if you want to, get jerseys made up, but don't take anything too seriously, it takes out the fun.
I agree and the idea of seeing your racing mates with the same jersey would be pretty coolSmile

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
i would more like to have a less serious group cause if your lower than others in the group you can learn things from the more experienced guys in the group. i would be interested if it went either way though.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 6:04 Quote
creech wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
komar wrote:

Sweet, we can rep the jerseys at ye old nitehawk lol.

For sure if ya have any thoughts for jersey design or anything hit my up with PM or chat bout that good stuff on MSN.

Ryan

need a logo

i would be happy to make a logo for us, i have design studies in school and thats one of our modules is to make a logo

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
Just race a season with a friends and have team names on the rider sheets, see how it goes and maybe start jerseys and stuff the next season.

If someone mentioned kicking other people out of your group cause they are embarrising to ride with then they take it to seriously. It should be more about having fun unless your getting paid for it.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Just race a season with a friends and have team names on the rider sheets, see how it goes and maybe start jerseys and stuff the next season.

If someone mentioned kicking other people out of your group cause they are embarrising to ride with then they take it to seriously. It should be more about having fun unless your getting paid for it.
Yeah do what this guy says. I'm one of the slower guys in the group just because I havn't riden as long as them and I'm more of a freeride guy and not dh. (even though I will race a lot this season) but it's not like theyre gonna be like yo dude you suck get the f*ck outa here. Chasing them down the track got me A LOT faster than if I were alone so I think teams are great even just for fun. And also, I wouldn't make jerseys until your commited to a full on team but do what you want.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
Funkmeister-J wrote:
well how would i do it lol as im in england?

move to canada buds Smile

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
I am away most of the summer, but when I get back if you guys need a mechanic let me know.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
Well I think its a go! anyone intrested in joining up drop me a PM and I'll start taking names and once the snows gone hopefully all the details are together.

Ryan

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Well I think its a go! anyone intrested in joining up drop me a PM and I'll start taking names and once the snows gone hopefully all the details are together.

Ryan

count me out i got my own team me myself and I u know why cuz D.O.W.N.H.I.L.L.
cuz team sports are for fags !!!

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:24 Quote
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan

i would do it and it sounds fun an everything but how?....

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
freerider-666 wrote:
Funkmeister-J wrote:
well how would i do it lol as im in england?

move to canada buds Smile

hahahaha...........No thanks

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041252
Mobile Version of Website