Scam website or not? What do you think?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Scam website or not? What do you think?
FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
it has to be a scam. there is no way fox 40's are going for $600. at both my local shops they are $2400

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
laurie1 that was kinda mean

oh and i just found hope moto m6 6 PISTON HYDRAULIC BRAKEZ FOR 119.99!!!11!!!1!!111ONE11

sweet dealz yo! ima give dem 3 benjamins and then they're gonna send me two hope moto m6 brakez!!!11!1!!11

no.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
I bought from them before and got my stuff fine

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
scottcampbell wrote:
I bought from them before and got my stuff fine
YA YA and they also sell santa cruise nomad fraymes for 10 BILLz so i think ima buy that

ooh oh and a treck remmady 7 from 2009 for 1400 dollas! waht a sweet deel im gonna give them my credit card information right nowezz!!!11!!1111!

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
but dude in all seriousness

-cane creek double barrel: $198
-2008 trek session 10 FULL BIKE: $2309
-2009 norco team dh FULL BIKE: $2725
-2008 IBIS MOJO full carbon frame: $1247

If you believe this, you need to take your credit card and cut them right up friendo

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
From term and conditions
"Payment Options
*For Local Order :
- Credit Card ( Visa and MasterCard )
- Cash On Delivery ( C.O.D )
- Bank Transfer.

*For International Order :
- International Bank Wire Transfer
- Western Union ( www.westernunion.com )
- Credit Card Overseas Through Western Union ( www.westernunion.com )"

too sketch if you ask me... you cant even use your credit card

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Everything is priced at a "way too good to be true" price. I mean $400 for a Talas RC2 that usually retails for $1000+. I'm sorry but if you believe in this BS, or even consider this to be "real" you deserve to be scammed.

Hey laurie, I clearly knew that this stuff was priced extremely cheaply. I even said it in my original post. didn't you even read what i wrote? Thats' why i made this thread in the first place...

what I was asking is if ANY OF YOU GUYS HAD SUCCESSFULLY BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. NOT ONCE did I say that I was going to purchase something from them. The reason I started this thread was to ask if any of you knew anything about this site, NOT to tell you all that i was planning to buy something from this site. I'm not a f*cking retard, I obviously wouldn't go buy something from them unless i heard from several sources that they were legit. and laurie, thanks for the kind words, that's a really nice comment, especially coming from a MOD on this website. I thought mods were supposed to moderate, not make sarcastic, mean comments.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
Everything is priced at a "way too good to be true" price. I mean $400 for a Talas RC2 that usually retails for $1000+. I'm sorry but if you believe in this BS, or even consider this to be "real" you deserve to be scammed.

Hey laurie, I clearly knew that this stuff was priced extremely cheaply. I even said it in my original post. didn't you even read what i wrote? Thats' why i made this thread in the first place...

what I was asking is if ANY OF YOU GUYS HAD SUCCESSFULLY BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. NOT ONCE did I say that I was going to purchase something from them. The reason I started this thread was to ask if any of you knew anything about this site, NOT to tell you all that i was planning to buy something from this site. I'm not a f*cking retard, I obviously wouldn't go buy something from them unless i heard from several sources that they were legit. and laurie, thanks for the kind words, that's a really nice comment, especially coming from a MOD on this website. I thought mods were supposed to moderate, not make sarcastic, mean comments.
yeah good point i thought that was really immature, just cause your a mod doesnt mean you can be a prick to everyone.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
Isn't there something about Western Union? I know I've seen warnings to avoid it.

Ah, here it is... from the warning at the top of every single ad on craigslist:
"Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee."

My advice is to not buy from them, considering their only accepted forms of payment are the ones that craigslist warns about on every ad!

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
that's why I emailed them asking accept paypal. they didn't respond

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
if you actually decide to buy something, then i strongly reccomend first finding something really cheap on there first like bar end caps or something and buying them just to see if they show up. if they do then you pretty much know it's legit. but then again if you have to give them your credit card information you're screwed anyway.

personal opinion: research further but probably shouldn't do it unless you have absolutely undisputed evidence that they will not scam you.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
if you actually decide to buy something, then i strongly reccomend first finding something really cheap on there first like bar end caps or something and buying them just to see if they show up. if they do then you pretty much know it's legit. but then again if you have to give them your credit card information you're screwed anyway.

personal opinion: research further but probably shouldn't do it unless you have absolutely undisputed evidence that they will not scam you.
Good idea, I was actually considering doing that, but then as you said they would have my credit card number. not only that, the shipping from Indonesia would be pretty killer

Mod
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:

Yes, I read that and as the typical saying goes, “if it’s too god to be true, it is.” There is a reason why these people make stuff so cheap in order to sucker people into “buying their products.” It is a typical bait scam. Offer high-quality goods at bargain prices and make people think they are getting one hell of a deal or a deal of a lifetime and they get so caught up in the hoopla of getting a $7000 bike for under $3000 that they overlook everything including where the site is based out of and all that other jazz that most people look at to make sure they are a legitimate company. Although I may have been a little out of line and I apologize, the cards are “deeply stacked” against this website and their authenticity. I mean these prices are less than the pro-deals that the manufacturers themselves give, Fox and Santa Cruz both forbid selling their products across borders, the website/business is operated in an overseas country, they didn’t respond to your email, they want a western union money order or wire transfer, etc. The odds are definitely pointing towards scam and there was another site months ago that popped up with these incredible too good to be true deals on this forum and several other forums too.

ChateLife wrote:
yeah good point i thought that was really immature, just cause your a mod doesnt mean you can be a prick to everyone.

Not immature at all considering there is another thread that was about this site and the conclusion was that it is a scam. People don’t go out of their way to look for problems. Imagine being swindled into sending $3000 for a complete bike and you receive nothing and you are left holding the bag! The banks can’t trace this because they are international and offshore and the police can’t do anything because of jurisdiction.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
I suppose you're right laurie, but the way you said "anybody who believes that deserves to get scammed" (or something along the lines of that) was a little harsh.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013969
Mobile Version of Website