Powered by Outside

How have you modified your bike? LADIES THREAD

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
How have you modified your bike? LADIES THREAD
O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 0:18 Quote
I finally get my bike back tomorrow from the powder coaters. I am so excited I am going to be able to finish my build. Black and pink with white decals I think. I will hopefully be able to post pics tomorrow Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
I was suppose to re-build my Iron Horse Warrior (pics on my profile) but then my girlfriend convinced me to get a Norco Fluid 3 at some pawn shop for 500$ instead. Still needs some work ... I will install: new white grips, new seat, new chainguide and bashguard (eventually) and seeing as there's some empty white space on the original paint job I plan on taking a sharpie marker to it ... I'll post pics once it's done. I get it back from the shop today!! YAY!

Mod
Posted: May 8, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
I've completely built up my last 3 bikes from the frame up and working on a 4th atm. Before that I was always swapping out parts, modifying my chainguides to work better, etc. I've painted a couple things as well. It's fun.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
me2menow wrote:
wtf? total subject change
and why is it still in girls clubhouse?
because this is a thred for girls to show their bike mods. its not all about you

props to all the chicks that ride. sadly i only know one. and she dosent ride my discipline.

Salute
no, it was originally a "do you prefer DH or XC" thread

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
In too many ways (My dirtjumper) Now I'm gonna focus on my other bike ( My trailbike).

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
sorry, didn't no this was for chicks

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Only stock things on my dj bike is the headset and seatpost and collar.
rattsl, r u a girl?? Razz

!no eres un chica amigo!

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
ok here it is

photo

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
screamer09 wrote:
ok here it is

photo

Holly F**k that is awesome!! Eek tup

Mod
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
Here's my most modded bike, but by modified I mean that nothing - not even the clevasses or the shock is stock.

photo

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
screamer09 wrote:
ok here it is

photo

OMG drool... Razz

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 8:14 Quote
How much did the paint job/modifying cost? It looks gorgeous and after seeing this I'm pretty tempted to pimp mine. Nice work! Big Grin

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
@ t3rr1: what is a clevasse?
sorry guy invading your thread

O+
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
leisurelylovely wrote:
How much did the paint job/modifying cost? It looks gorgeous and after seeing this I'm pretty tempted to pimp mine. Nice work! Big Grin
To have the frame powder coated it was about $70. the wheels were $200, the cables were like $40 for brake and shifters, and one can of spray paint for the rocker arms. I think that that is it lol

Mod
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
therevfryslim wrote:
@ t3rr1: what is a clevasse?
sorry guy invading your thread

the bottom of the shock doesn't attach directly to the frame on the coiler - there is a little triangular bit that is in between the two - called a clevasse. Kona sent my frame out with the wrong size- which dissalllowed me to run 2.5 tires without them hitting the seat tube - but if run 2.35 tires - you have a low slung bike. Kona than sent the right clevasse that allows you to run the 2.5's but also causes a higher bottom bracket.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.068165
Mobile Version of Website