Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi 08 DJ1 - only go down an inch!
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
What weight oil do you refill the fork with? It would seem to me that the stock 7.5 would be too thin.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
Did this to my brothers fork yesterday and it worked

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
the 55 that i did i used 7.5w the thicker oil will slow down the rebound and compresion

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
Yes, but are the holes you drill not bigger than the holes that were there? If you make the holes bigger that you would need thicker oil to compensate. Yes thicker oil will slow things down, thats the point...

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
its thread's like this that make me all warm and fuzzy inside Fab

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
dylaine wrote:

Hrmm... *cough*CREEPER*cough*

So is this better than sending it to warranty? Or will the norco guys give you bs?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
theminsta wrote:
dylaine wrote:

Hrmm... *cough*CREEPER*cough*

So is this better than sending it to warranty? Or will the norco guys give you bs?
well if your fork is gone rigid, and you don't have a warranty, this would be an excellent last ditch effort.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
True, true.

Are there any lowers that you can swap around for the DJ-line? Cuz I'm doing this to my DJ-2 if it gets rejected, and I only have 20mm wheels!

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
have u got warrenty?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
Yeah, but it might get rejected, because I brought it in for my school club to screw around with it.

I talked to them about the situation, and that I brought it to the school after like 3 months after it froze.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Yeah, but it might get rejected, because I brought it in for my school club to screw around with it.

I talked to them about the situation, and that I brought it to the school after like 3 months after it froze.
hmm well the best u cud do is try n send em bak in n see if theyl do it. id try that before trying to fix them urself mate incase u fuk em up even more

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
Yeah, I know, thanks.

I trust the company more than I trust myself anyways Razz

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Yeah, I know, thanks.

I trust the company more than I trust myself anyways Razz
haha yeaa iv learnt that the hard way lol i have a habit of takin shit apart thinkin i will magically no wat im doin n b able 2 fix it haha

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
well i was riding today and my dj1 just went down to liek 10mm of travel and they dont rebound
the fork is compressed and wont rebound
possibly the rebound cartridge is wrecked ?
any help please?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.090992
Mobile Version of Website