insipid wrote:
photo

thats dumb and looks like shit

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
insipid wrote:
photo

Opinion. Why does anyone care about the bike someone else is riding? (That's not my bike in the pic.) I can't seem to figure out why people care about other peoples bikes. If someone wants to slam their seat, who the hell cares. If someone wants to cut up their own frame, let em.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
insipid wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:
insipid wrote:
photo

Opinion. Why does anyone care about the bike someone else is riding? (That's not my bike in the pic.) I can't seem to figure out why people care about other peoples bikes. If someone wants to slam their seat, who the hell cares. If someone wants to cut up their own frame, let em.

Not that I care all that much... but he did come on a public forum and ask about it, and these are the responses he is getting.
That's just the way it is.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
insipid wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:
insipid wrote:
photo

well you posted a picture on a public forum so ofcourse it's going to get commented on.
and the creator of this thread made the same mistake as you, he posted his dumb dilema on the internet so I expressed how I felt about it. If I see someone at the park with a cut/welded seat I'm not going to pick a fight but if he puts the topic out in the air I'll tell him how dumb it is.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
insipid wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:

well you posted a picture on a public forum so ofcourse it's going to get commented on.
and the creator of this thread made the same mistake as you, he posted his dumb dilema on the internet so I expressed how I felt about it. If I see someone at the park with a cut/welded seat I'm not going to pick a fight but if he puts the topic out in the air I'll tell him how dumb it is.
The pic is from a Snafu blog. Its from a show in Taiwan I'm pretty sure. I don't mind the comments on it, I didn't make any mistakes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
This is what I hate about bmx. If a guy wants to glue a seat post to his fame then so be it. Who the f*ck cares. Everyone is so concerened about trends and whats cool why can't everyone just do what they want. Sure, maybe someone likes the wind in his air or the rush of riding down a hill without brakes or the fun of making your bike lighter and customizing it. Just let it be.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
There is only so much you can customize on a bmx to make it "original". Its as simple as a bike can get, so there isn't many parts to customize as say on a mtb....people are forced to get creative lol. That's how trends like "who's got the lowest seat" start.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
or whos got the biggest bars.. crap like that.
i keep my bmx simple, dont give two shits about trends, and only change something if it breaks.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 7:23 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
insipid wrote:
skierdud89 wrote:

that looks dumb, if u want it to look better get an intergrated pivitol seat.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
nobody answered my question

why do you post in here if you cant answer, get outta the thread if your not gonna be on topic, annoying fu*ks

i dont give a shit what you think about me slamming my seat

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
Onespeed38 wrote:
hendu wrote:
f-it-bike-co wrote:

umm. im using jb weld
cant say i know what that is all i know is tig and mig

How can you know tig and mig welding but have never heard of JB Weld?

I see no reason at all to do this, pointless endeavor. You are just going to screw it up and destroy your frame... and for what?

dude who the f*ck said im screwing up my frame, have faith im not a retard

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
This is what I hate about bmx. If a guy wants to glue a seat post to his fame then so be it. Who the f*ck cares. Everyone is so concerened about trends and whats cool why can't everyone just do what they want. Sure, maybe someone likes the wind in his air or the rush of riding down a hill without brakes or the fun of making your bike lighter and customizing it. Just let it be.

that made me lol

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
f-it-bike-co wrote:
nobody answered my question

why do you post in here if you cant answer, get outta the thread if your not gonna be on topic, annoying fu*ks

i dont give a shit what you think about me slamming my seat

to answer your question yes you should take it down to raw metal because the jb weld will be able to better bond your seatpost and frame use a fine grit sandpaper something above 110 should be good

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
f-it-bike-co wrote:
Onespeed38 wrote:
hendu wrote:
cant say i know what that is all i know is tig and mig

I see no reason at all to do this, pointless endeavor. You are just going to screw it up and destroy your frame... and for what?

You will screw it up... do you know happens when you bond dissimilar metals together? Galvanic corrosion. Could be a problem.
But hey, your bike, your money, your disaster.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
Onespeed38 wrote:
f-it-bike-co wrote:
Onespeed38 wrote:

You will screw it up... do you know happens when you bond dissimilar metals together? Galvanic corrosion. Could be a problem.
But hey, your bike, your money, your disaster.

He's right, If you do that you will basically be galvanising it. The metal that is more reactive; either the frame or the seat rails. By being more reactive it will protect the less reactive metal from corrosion, but itself will corrode faster.

But hey its your bike. Your choice man

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016359
Mobile Version of Website