Powered by Outside

Intense New DH bike!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense New DH bike!
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:11 Quote
I love this new frame so much, if it rides like intense's do without out all the chunky tubes or feather light tubes of a socom then sign me up! I'm surprised there isn't more chatter up this?

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
so does this mean that socoms will be reduced now.... hmmm

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
y would anyone now buy a socom?

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
coz they'd be reduced and i've wanted one for since i saw spy shots of it ageees ago

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 11:31 Quote
The unofficial word on the new Intense 951 as I heard it from Barry at Hardcore Bikes who sopke with the Intense rep this morning is....
The 951 has been designed with several adjustments (HA, wheelbase, chainstay length, BB height). The adjustments, when changed appropriately can make it perform similarly to the SlopeStyle, the Uzzi and the Socom. It makes sense for Intense to design a bike that can cover the range of three bikes and replace them in one swoop. If they have done it correctly there should be greater numbers of this frame avaliable for us. Intense crafts their frames to exacting standards for strict purposes. I wonder if being able to change the links and plates to adjust geometry several times over would cause any premature ware and tare? Personally, I choose the Socom because it was a dedicated DH frame with enough versatility to be ridden anywhear; so far I've been to the Shore and to Kamloops with it and had success. The 951 look SWEET and I believe it is a unique idea but I wonder if will be all that the initial word intends it to be. Tomorow there is to be an official press release at Sea Otter

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
quilivan wrote:
The unofficial word on the new Intense 951 as I heard it from Barry at Hardcore Bikes who sopke with the Intense rep this morning is....
The 951 has been designed with several adjustments (HA, wheelbase, chainstay length, BB height). The adjustments, when changed appropriately can make it perform similarly to the SlopeStyle, the Uzzi and the Socom. It makes sense for Intense to design a bike that can cover the range of three bikes and replace them in one swoop. If they have done it correctly there should be greater numbers of this frame avaliable for us. Intense crafts their frames to exacting standards for strict purposes. I wonder if being able to change the links and plates to adjust geometry several times over would cause any premature ware and tare? Personally, I choose the Socom because it was a dedicated DH frame with enough versatility to be ridden anywhear; so far I've been to the Shore and to Kamloops with it and had success. The 951 look SWEET and I believe it is a unique idea but I wonder if will be all that the initial word intends it to be. Tomorow there is to be an official press release at Sea Otter

WOW that explains everything!

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
quilivan wrote:

WOW that explains everything!
theres no links or plates to change out. the dropouts are adjustable. and the shock has two mounting positions on the top link. i think this bike is a perfect fit. its stronger than the socom and not as bulky as the M6. which is overkill for most tracks. no one really needs 10 inches of travel. people keeps saying its too light and brittle. it weighs almost exactly the same as a V10 frame. and you dont see many of them broken.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 2:15 Quote
They're having issues with it apparently:

[Quoten]Lets hope it’s not a complete disaster of a bike like the 951. The linkage on the 951 drives the shock so hard that riders over 12stone cant get springs heavy enough. Kovarik had the stiffest spring that Fox make and the compression damping turned right up and it was still blowing through the travel. The CRC/Intense team are having to go back to M6’s until the problems are sorted out.[/Quoten]

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
Themaninthenorth wrote:
They're having issues with it apparently:

[Quoten]Lets hope it’s not a complete disaster of a bike like the 951. The linkage on the 951 drives the shock so hard that riders over 12stone cant get springs heavy enough. Kovarik had the stiffest spring that Fox make and the compression damping turned right up and it was still blowing through the travel. The CRC/Intense team are having to go back to M6’s until the problems are sorted out.[/Quoten]
seeing as its a new shock too. they could be having dampening issues, not ratio problems. everyone i've heard from who has one so far says they ride great.
also Koviark runs the cane creek double barrel shock. the frame comes stock with a specially tuned RC4 specifically for the 951

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011066
Mobile Version of Website