Powered by Outside

Spd for down hill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Spd for down hill
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
The V-10 He rides definately isn't carbon. It possibly has a carbon link however.

Peaty run's A Full Sram Kit.
X.O Gearing,
Holzfeller Cranks,
Code/Elixir.Possibly a mixture of Avid parts as I've seen him run Ultimate levers and Code calipers.
Boxxer 2010 WC's
Vivid, with Ti spring.
I think he's on Gamut this year rather than MRP as he has been for the past decade or so. He will definately not be with MRP this year, more likely he will join Minnaar on Gamut.
He runs a Large V-10 custom Geo frame.
Blackbox Holzfeller bars, Blackbox Levers, Blackbox Shifter.
DT FR2350 rims, with Kenda rubber. Although I think this year he is running Maxxis. Also runs Ex 5.1 rims
He's on a WTB seat, and 5050XX or Mallet pedals.
Oh, and don't forget the Peaty Lizard skin grips.

Peatys spec list ^^ he runs Mallets and 5050xx. It also says in an mbuk a while back that although he is better in clips he admits that he would like to be able to run flats if he could get used to them.

As for gee he runs clips sometimes however also flats. There is a poster behind me of gee taken last year of him riding in spain on flats.

Steves on e13 and he most certainly doesn't run kendas.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
First photo there mallets on his bike.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
He's on Maxxis this year. I think he swapped over this year.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
clips are the best..flats suck...end of discussion lol

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Gee and Steve always run clips for racing and it was only at champery that they didnt.
spd's are deffinately the way forward from my racing results this year, thats all i can say. they work for me, just depends on your riding style.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
First photo there mallets on his bike.

True didnt realise. Anyway point is that Steve an gee both run flats sometimes an clips sometimes but they both (look at the interviews in dirt of them) agree that flats are more practical for todays dh courses because they are alot more tech than they where.

Personaly myself I wouldn't agree with tech= flats because for me if I run flats on techy stuff i just lose the pedals and I never put my foot to help cornering so I went to clips. Thats just me though.

I haven't seen the dirt interviews but I know Peaty practices on them, not sure about racing, and Gee uses them when he freerides and sometimes when he races.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
He's on Maxxis this year. I think he swapped over this year.

lol funny thing is is that when he was riding for kenda he ran maxxis anyway an just permanent markerd over the logo.

Shh, he ran kendas Wink

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
giantbikerjordan wrote:
clips are the best..flats suck...end of discussion lol

hmm not really as flats are better. Sam Hill switched to flats years ago an suddenly anhielated everything. Steve admits flats are better for dh he just doesnt ride them because he doesnt feel comfortable in them.

Also if ud read any of the other forums on hear about this most people agree on flats because they make more sense.

Stupid statement, It depends first of all on the rider, then the trail and conditions. Theres no better or worse its all personal opinion.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:15 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:

lol funny thing is is that when he was riding for kenda he ran maxxis anyway an just permanent markerd over the logo.

Shh, he ran kendas Wink

On the Kenda Photoshoots anyway lol thats the only time ive seen him run them is on the kenda posters.

Thats why he's probably on Maxxis, Kenda found out about his little trick.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009095
Mobile Version of Website