Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
Kona's are sick. Really good bikes. I am all for them but I would still suggest getting a flatline. A Kona would be a sick 2nd bike to have. But dont get a mongoose. Look into a norco a-line too.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:10 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
its not a great suspension design..
there are better bikes than the stinky for the money
like what
like a bottle rocket, a rocky mountain flatline.. even the mongoose pinnr..its super cheap and pretty good spec for the price.. the stinky is single pivot which means itll be meant for bigger hits and not so much smaller bumps and what not but if you want a stinky at least get the deluxe

What are you talking about its a single pivot design. Its 4 link.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
flow5os wrote:
corey-dh wrote:
harorida123 wrote:
like what
like a bottle rocket, a rocky mountain flatline.. even the mongoose pinnr..its super cheap and pretty good spec for the price.. the stinky is single pivot which means itll be meant for bigger hits and not so much smaller bumps and what not but if you want a stinky at least get the deluxe

What are you talking about its a single pivot design. Its 4 link.
its basically single pivot.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
the swing arm on a single pivot is connected to one pivot. On the konas there are 4 pivots.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
flow5os wrote:
the swing arm on a single pivot is connected to one pivot. On the konas there are 4 pivots.
im not gonna fight on the internet.. i know im right

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
flow5os wrote:
One main pivot technically...

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
flow5os wrote:

Linkage actuated single pivot.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
doberdude wrote:
flow5os wrote:

plain and simple. Konas are not single pivot, right?

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
flow5os wrote:
doberdude wrote:
flow5os wrote:

plain and simple. Konas are not single pivot, right?
God. They tecnically are a single pivot.

Quote "Linkage actuated single pivot." as said above

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
I BE HATIN! hehe, im a rebel.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
im riding a stinky and its one of the nicest bikes ive rode so far. there also nice because there more inexpensive then bikes in a similar category

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
three-star wrote:
im riding a stinky and its one of the nicest bikes ive rode so far. there also nice because there more inexpensive then bikes in a similar category
and that is for a reason. You get what you pay for and that is all I am going to say.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
doberdude wrote:
three-star wrote:
and that is for a reason. You get what you pay for and that is all I am going to say.
I don't hate Kona... Kona just hates everyone who rides them.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
corey-dh wrote:
flow5os wrote:
im not gonna fight on the internet.. i know im right
you are very right, the stinky is a single pivot, its just a variation, looks differnt, acts the same

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
It's faux bar or rocker actuated single pivot.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009881
Mobile Version of Website