Car starts but turns off?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Car starts but turns off?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 2:56 Quote
That would be your best bet.

You can't (properly) run a car with only the bat or only the alt, it just doesn't work.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 19:45 Quote
I'm selling my 1988 Acura Integra to a government buy-back program to get old clunkers off the road. It passes all the requirements, except for 1: It has to start on it's own, without a jump. I know the battery is dead, but it starts with a jump, but it does not charge. Since it doesn't charge, it could be a charging problem in addition to a dead battery. BUT... it only has to start ONCE at the buy-back junk yard in order for it to qualify for the program. My question is this: if I buy a brand new battery, start up the car, and drive it 2 miles to the junk yard, then turn it off at the junk yard, will it start back up? How many times will a brand new battery start a car if it isn't being charged at all?

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 20:50 Quote
Perhaps the best place to ask this question would be an automotive website? Instead of joining a mountain biking website to ask an automotive question?

That aside, I highly doubt you'll start the car, drive a couple miles, and still have it restart. Even if the battery has a large reserve capacity.

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 3:44 Quote
Boost it and put a meter on your alt. Just because the bat isn't taking a charge doesn't mean that the alt or some other mechanism in your charging system is cooked. A dead battery just simply will not take a charge.

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 12:01 Quote
does canada not have shops that do stuff like this??

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
this is really old but it was brought back up, sold the car last august and the problem was the ignition switch and fuel pump relay

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013988
Mobile Version of Website