Race Face Diabolous Crankset has anyone ever broken one?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Race Face Diabolous Crankset has anyone ever broken one?
O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
Ajaxpowder, learn how to type properly, your posts look like a bird walked across your keyboard.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
shorerider16 wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Jibba Jabba Jibb Jibb Jabba Jab

Has nothing to do with combined forces or whatever you're spewing. The problem is that it's a press-fit setup. So is the Howitzer.
ok with x-type you get the force of the cranks pushing on the bb inwars which weres the bb one way and whn you pedal the force is puching down this realy screw with you bb (the in ward and downward force at the same time.) whith howitzer you dont get the inward force.

This really doesn't make sense, both designs use the same type of outboard bearing with an axle riding on them. The only difference is the Diablous axle is one piece attached to the cranks and the Truvativ axle is built into the bottom bracket. Both are going to be subjected to the same force.
because the race face goes through the bee and whn tighten it puts force on it. with the howitzer the axel is kept from moxing side to side by the cups on the bearings. elimetating teh in ward force parden my spelling i am rather pissed right now.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:27 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
ok with x-type you get the force of the cranks pushing on the bb inwars which weres the bb one way and whn you pedal the force is puching down this realy screw with you bb (the in ward and downward force at the same time.) whith howitzer you dont get the inward force.

Hate to break it to you but that made even less sense.
ok because the axel goes through the bb it appliing inward pressure against it which cuases wear that shoulnt happen to a bb and when you peddal down ward force is applied when combined angular force is created which will mak ethe braing life span cery shore. with hotizer because the inward pressure insent apllied to get a longer lasting bearing now f*ck you you dumb shit i dont care if i get suspended for this but learn some f*cking physics before you f*cking critsize people you c*nt.

I hope you are gone permanently now. They wear out from being pulled on and off a few too many times. NOTHING happens when they are mounted on the bike.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 19:29 Quote
BTW: If they are installed correctly they should be bottomed out on the splines. You DO NOT preload X-type bearings. There is no side-to-side play. I'll go work on my physics if you work on your wrenching and people skills.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
Something I learned long ago is not to bother arguing with people who think they are always right, you will never win. Just ingore them and move on.

Kinada reminds me of the Monty Python skit about arguing, good stuff.Beer

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
to the dude that said ones never been bent, untrue, my roommate bent one the first year they were out, possibly a defect although raceface "lost" the cranks when he sent them back "so they found out what happened to make then bend" lol, they sent him a new pair for losing them. i remeber this because it was a huge issue

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
shorerider16 wrote:
Ajaxpowder, learn how to type properly, your posts look like a bird walked across your keyboard.
That is the funniest thing I have seen all day.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 21:09 Quote
dhangelofdeath wrote:
shorerider16 wrote:
That is the funniest thing I have seen all day.
to tell you the truth my sister dog has done that in the past so its not enterly a joke

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 8:55 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Hate to break it to you but that made even less sense.
ok because the axel goes through the bb it appliing inward pressure against it which cuases wear that shoulnt happen to a bb and when you peddal down ward force is applied when combined angular force is created which will mak ethe braing life span cery shore. with hotizer because the inward pressure insent apllied to get a longer lasting bearing now f*ck you you dumb shit i dont care if i get suspended for this but learn some f*cking physics before you f*cking critsize people you c*nt.

I hope you are gone permanently now. They wear out from being pulled on and off a few too many times. NOTHING happens when they are mounted on the bike.

you kids are all crack heads man you freak out over something so small like this tiny little thing about the bb you kids are crazy go take some rydalin

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
BTW: If they are installed correctly they should be bottomed out on the splines. You DO NOT preload X-type bearings. There is no side-to-side play. I'll go work on my physics if you work on your wrenching and people skills.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Okay seriously..I have three years and counting on my Diabolus Cranks and NP. Taking into consideration that like you I am a good mechanic and have great people skills, have you seen alot of issues with these cranks or is this isolated to just yours?

BTW...for all of you reading this thread...if your RaceFace BB bearings are done then get the Enduro bearing upgrade. Ask your shop about it and if they look at you like you have 2 heads..find a better shop.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 9:12 Quote
yeah actually a friend of mine has broken two sets.

comin down a rock garden, tried to get a quick pedail in, hit a rock and it snapped the crank arm off about halfway down by the pedal.

this happened twice!

and we didnt even get a didcount or refuind or anything.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 9:12 Quote
My friend twisted an isis set. twisted both arms and destroyed the LH pedal thread.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 9:29 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
here the problem you get teh force of you pedaling and the force of the cranks being instatalled on teh bb which makes it were faster then an isis which is whhy you buy howitzers

Has nothing to do with combined forces or whatever you're spewing. The problem is that it's a press-fit setup. So is the Howitzer.

well after ruining 3 sets of ISIS hussfelts, on set of ISIS RF evolves, on howitzer holzfeller, and about 3 howitzer BB, and never breaking either of my 2 sets of Saints nor my previous set of diablous (blew out the saint BB once)
I have come to the conclusion that you are completely biased, and are talking out of you ass, maybe if you spent as much time reading a dictionary as you did with conspiracy theories, people could understand what you're writing.
I'm not trying to be a dick but you constantly post the same thing in these kinda threads and Constantly are proven wrong.

(also i wasn't too fond of the Diablous because the installation and removal is so much longer then that of the saints, saints are also a bit lighter.)

All that Truvativ did when the went from ISIS to the Howitzer was place the bearings outside of the frame, so they still have the problem with the splines rounding off in the BB and on the crank arm.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:09 Quote
jonlake wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

well after ruining 3 sets of ISIS hussfelts, on set of ISIS RF evolves, on howitzer holzfeller, and about 3 howitzer BB, and never breaking either of my 2 sets of Saints nor my previous set of diablous (blew out the saint BB once)
I have come to the conclusion that you are completely biased, and are talking out of you ass, maybe if you spent as much time reading a dictionary as you did with conspiracy theories, people could understand what you're writing.
I'm not trying to be a dick but you constantly post the same thing in these kinda threads and Constantly are proven wrong.

(also i wasn't too fond of the Diablous because the installation and removal is so much longer then that of the saints, saints are also a bit lighter.)

All that Truvativ did when the went from ISIS to the Howitzer was place the bearings outside of the frame, so they still have the problem with the splines rounding off in the BB and on the crank arm.

buddy you dont make sense first of all who are you directing that comment to and second of all what the hell are you talking about? Bias?

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:11 Quote
he quoted the guy it was for? ajaxpowder has a habit of making up reasons why a product sucks.

you dunno what biased means?

Main Entry:
bi·ased
Function:
adjective
Date:

1: exhibiting or characterized by bias; especially : prejudiced2: tending to yield one outcome more frequently than others in a statistical experiment a biased coin>3: having an expected value different from the quantity or parameter estimated a biased estimate>

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012101
Mobile Version of Website