• Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
bottle rocket all the way that was the one i was looking at

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
also bottle rocket has way nicer parts and its the same price

FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
Oregon wrote:
The Bottle Rocket is a slope style bike, the Double not so much.

um the double is a PERFECT slopestyle bike. 4 inches is like great for slopestyle. but i would go for the bottle rocket just cuz it can handle the other stuff on the mountain better

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
Oregon wrote:
The Bottle Rocket is a slope style bike, the Double not so much.

um the double is a PERFECT slopestyle bike. 4 inches is like great for slopestyle. but i would go for the bottle rocket just cuz it can handle the other stuff on the mountain better

Scratch that.....Thats what I meant double for the slopestyle course, bottlerocket for the progressive mountain stuff. My bad maing!

FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
i have a bottlerocket and ride it at whistler alot and it does great. a double wouldnt have enough travel.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
norcorider540 wrote:
mserko wrote:
norcorider540 wrote:

there suspension is shit
packs up
no traction
cant corner

wrong
wrong
wrong
wrong
wow your pretty finny now arnt you
okso then elaborate please
Uhmm i'm sorry but our parents don't pay for our bikes so we can't afford the best Yeti bike out there. The bottlerocket is a great feeling bike, unless you've owned one and ridden it hard I wouldn't say much at all. Not all of us can get our parents to dish out 6 grand to a bike. I don't own a transition but i've ridden both the double and the bottlerocket and they're great bikes. The Double is alot stiffer is defiantly leaned more towards dirtjumping. The bottlerocket is a bit smoother and plush yet still stiffer than a mini downhill bike or freeride bike allowing a ride down boneyard. With that said the double can handle A-line and dirtmerchant easily..just don't expect a world cup on it Beer Whatever you decide, you'll love it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
what are you tlaking about
im a framer making $23 a hour
so where you get theese ideas from is completly beyond me

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
norcorider540 wrote:
what are you tlaking about
im a framer making $23 a hour
so where you get theese ideas from is completly beyond me
Tolal mistake, I just looked at your profile and saw the picture of the Yeti. I remebered a 15 year old who had the best Yeti DH for a like a year meaning he had it when he was 14. Sorry about that. But I meane verything I say about transition. Their new DH bike might be good but as you can see all their bikes are simple designs, none of them are for performance racing or anything (exept their new one) I still personally think the suspension is great. I mean it's pretty stiff..but nobody wants to sag 4 inches of your 6 inches of travel on the preload, like a intense S.S. Well that is if you want to ride boneyard and stuff.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
ive ridin both and own a bottlerocket. i think for what your saying the BR would be a better option in my opinion because it performs great on the slopesyle courses and big stunts but is very capible when railing trails and can handle bigger more technical shit no problem. basicaly it can do SS, a line, and everything else on the mountian very well. while the double can do SS and a-line like trails great but thats close to the comfortable limit. both are very good bikes and i stand by transitions company service any day ive had nothin but good experience with their bikes and company

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
jordan, get a BR you will be alot happier if you alredy have a top. 2 dirtjump bikes its pointless, have ur top for DJ and BR for bigger jumps tech and just ripping dh. it will save you alot. double is made for DJ and slope. spinning and flipping, it will be hella strong but very bad tracking and stability at high speed because of the wheelbase and HA,
and if you want a BR my friend dylan sheffer wants to sell his, its a orange frame marz 55 ata and sycros wheels but he will sell it 2000 maybe 1800 if ur lucky pm me bra its a good deal and lightly ridden

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
k dude for f*ck sakes i told you already get the bottle becuz if your taking 'er down whistler your gunna want the extra travel at the end of the day when your arms arent killing you becuz you decided to get the extra suspension

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:55 Quote
Thanks everyone my minds made up BR it is cause i already own a Trail or park so i dont need another DJ bike

Posted: May 28, 2014 at 6:00 Quote
This thread was perfect. Answered everything I was gonna ask. Bye bye double.. hello bottle rocket

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014359
Mobile Version of Website