Powered by Outside

Specialized Big hit FSR 1 VS. Specialized SX Trail 1

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Specialized Big hit FSR 1 VS. Specialized SX Trail 1
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
i think you could have figured the SX is better. It will take, drops, jumps, gaps, slopestyle, dirtjumps, and downhill better then the bighits

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
ok, sounds like a big hit 'smashing' party...
(i have a 2005 big hit and it performs better than i ever imagined)
i have the opportunity to sell it and get an '08 Big Hit FSR 1, not sure if i want to....the '08 has the 26" rear wheel, my '05 runs the 24" rear wheel.
aside from that, all the specs are identical; bb height, head tube angle, standover, etc...
in my opinion, all i'd be getting is a newer frame w/ a 26" rear, thats it.
the 24" i have now is really nice in the turns.....
what say you guys?

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
biker33 wrote:
i think you could have figured the SX is better. It will take, drops, jumps, gaps, slopestyle, dirtjumps, and downhill better then the bighits
i dont agree with that the dj's and slope style yeah but i dont know where you get off saying that te sx is better for dh i the bighit is an entry level dh bike the sx is a free ride bike and will be sketch on the rocky dh tracks.

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
if you live in nova scotia i wouldnt be buying a bike based on riding at whistler

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
bighit888 wrote:
if you live in nova scotia i wouldnt be buying a bike based on riding at whistler
Dude just answer the question, straight forward isn't?

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
biker33 wrote:
i dont agree with that the dj's and slope style yeah but i dont know where you get off saying that te sx is better for dh i the bighit is an entry level dh bike the sx is a free ride bike and will be sketch on the rocky dh tracks.
i know people with both. they all agree the sx is better

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
biker33 wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
biker33 wrote:
well i know 3 people not including me that have big hits and one with an sx trail and the big hits handled thedh tracks local better then the sx trail which bottomed out onthe tame section of the dh i would use my bighit for freeride and dh because its much more confidenc inspring im not saying the sx isnt good but if the guy is wanting to do drops to flat the bighit's will handle it better.

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
biker33 wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
well i know 3 people not including me that have big hits and one with an sx trail and the big hits handled thedh tracks local better then the sx trail which bottomed out onthe tame section of the dh i would use my bighit for freeride and dh because its much more confidenc inspring im not saying the sx isnt good but if the guy is wanting to do drops to flat the bighit's will handle it better.
i totally agree with your motto face plant king.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020987
Mobile Version of Website