- Bottom Bracket Height: 12.7"
- Wheelbase: 40.1"
- Head Tube Length: 4"
- Max Rear Tire Clearance: 2.4"
- Rear Hub Spacing: 135mm
- Rear Dropout Axle Size: 10mm
- Head Tube: 1-1/8"
- BB Shell Width: 68mm

I had the pleasure of owning a trailking for a few months, my only complaint is how long the top tube was, perfect for taller guys (over 6ft). If you shortend up the top tube to something like 21.5 then it would be amazing! Like the other guy said the trailking is desinged around a bmx, so its super short in the rear end (shortest one i know of because of the hollow box tech they use), and is really low.

Good Luck with the frame build, be sure to update us on the end result!tup

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
ok,you Norfolk boys stop it now. you,r supposed to be mates! and ethan,go for it and dont forget ti.bars also. flex takes out that trail sting and my last pair kept on going since 87. only know have teeny bend from crashin brains out couple of years ago, if they,d been steel they,d have snapped in half k( umm, Dan NJA and a lol k)
AND Tim ...behave lol and to our internat couzzins its spelt i.r.o.n.y
Right,time to put kettle on for pot of tea...

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
downhilljoker wrote:
GEOMETRY
- Top Tube (Actual): 22.3"

I had the pleasure of owning a trailking for a few months, my only complaint is how long the top tube was, perfect for taller guys (over 6ft. If you shortend up the top tube to something like 21.5 then it would be amazing!
My Dob has a 22.5" TT, I'm 5'10", I like it.
It's all personal preference.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
Why would you try stiffen up a Ti frame? Is the springy feel not the main purpose of a Ti bike? If you want it stiff go with Al.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Why would you try stiffen up a Ti frame? Is the springy feel not the main purpose of a Ti bike? If you want it stiff go with Al.

He's only aloud to use TI, otherwise his tutor wont pay for the project Frown

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

the main purpose of ti is weight, however its far to expensive for most 14-20 year olds

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

the main purpose of ti is weight, however its far to expensive for most 14-20 year olds

Granted that but I would consider its ride feel one of its main characteristics. Also if he is beefing it up (I don't know to what extent) Then surely that negates any weight savings? So it'll be a Ti frame that weighs and feels the same as an Al frame.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

Granted that but I would consider its ride feel one of its main characteristics. Also if he is beefing it up (I don't know to what extent) Then surely that negates any weight savings? So it'll be a Ti frame that weighs and feels the same as an Al frame.

aluminum is lighter than ti, ti is far stronger thow

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
A well gusseted Ti frame will be far lighter than any aluminium frame, even if you beef it up OTT, as long as you pick the correct thickness tubes and aren't ridiculous. The frame will most likely only end up as heavy/light as a super light aluminium frame.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
Go with some Ti-3Al-2.5V Grade 9 CWSR.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011274
Mobile Version of Website