Powered by Outside

Any Regrets about your bike?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Any Regrets about your bike?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
get kona wah wah. theyre very nice

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
literatechimp wrote:
Odin, are you sure you want saint cranks? - they weigh half a tonne, and your Wilson will turn the mountain into a magic carpet ride, you could run something a lot lighter...

they aren't that heavy, i will save nearly half a pound switching. i don't care about weight anyway too much. i want a good solid crank that i can mount and not worry about and Saints fit that perfectly. I was going maybe go Atlas but my friend has had nothing but problems with his so far so i'm kind of skeptical.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
Due to injuries I am regretting buying a 8" travel frame... although at the same time I can probly flip the frame for almost enough to get a shorter travel one.

mag30 was a bit of a regret... stupidly heavy POS.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
da bomb headspin rear hub 10mm on bolt - weights a ton, looking to buy something else

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
680mm bars not wide enough. I WANT 750mm!!!! Mad

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
get kona wah wah. theyre very nice

The reason I'm going with the pimplites is A) Stiff bearings for those scary moments when you're trying to find the pedal and it's spinning like a top and B) My friend had a pair and they're super grippy and built like a rock at only 520 grams.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 5:08 Quote
478g and they dont spin Wink

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 5:25 Quote
I had so many 'regrets' I felt the need to make a blog about itConfused - clicky

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 5:59 Quote
I regret most of the DMR parts. The handlebar is overloaded with logos and the chain tensioner looks like fisher price.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
The regrets about my bike is that I could of bought a second hand bike with better quality parts on it Frown

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 6:13 Quote
my mum doesnt believe me when i say that to her ^^^ (my mum wanted me to get a brand new bike)

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
my mum doesnt believe me when i say that to her ^^^ (my mum wanted me to get a brand new bike)

tell her that halfords dont have decent bikes n for can xc/ normal mtb bike she should look at gt or specialized

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
no my mum has a specialized full sus and stepdad has a stumpy expert but they thought i would of been better off with a new bike

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 4:52 Quote
could have been lighter

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
most of my bike, weighs a tonne, it has triple clamps on a hardtail, it feels like its gonna snap when i jusp 4 sets, the back wheel cant stay true, the tyres are cracked like hell, the forks are stiff and have hardly any travel, the mechs are crap, most of the time it takes half hour to change into gear 1 on the front. my shifters, grips and bars are the only thing i like. and the fac t that its indestructable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012307
Mobile Version of Website