Powered by Outside

2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
I ride a Pinscher and I am considering a Majesty mainly because of the TT length and other small geo differences. What I don't like about the majesty is how tall the frame seems at the seat post. Also the tubing and overall durability seems to go towards the Pinchser. For instance:

Pinscher:
photo

Majesty:
photo

This is completely based on looks tho and I can't say one frame is stronger then the other or anything.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
My friend dented his Pinscher with his ass. He got the double-butted (ell oh f*cking ell) tubeset, but even so his frame wasn't as light as the Majesty. Haven't seen any broken Majesties yet. I'd say it gets the nod in terms of strength. That's anecdotal at best but hey, what can you do.

The seattube is short enough that I can't slam a pivotal seat without tilting it so far forward it touches the TT when the wheel is slammed. good enough for me.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
crs-one wrote:
My friend dented his Pinscher with his ass. He got the double-butted (ell oh f*cking ell) tubeset, but even so his frame wasn't as light as the Majesty. Haven't seen any broken Majesties yet. I'd say it gets the nod in terms of strength. That's anecdotal at best but hey, what can you do.

The seattube is short enough that I can't slam a pivotal seat without tilting it so far forward it touches the TT when the wheel is slammed. good enough for me.
ive seen pics of majesties crack at the brake mount but thats only 2 out of 2000 frames
photo

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
I ride a Pinscher and I am considering a Majesty mainly because of the TT length and other small geo differences. What I don't like about the majesty is how tall the frame seems at the seat post. Also the tubing and overall durability seems to go towards the Pinchser. For instance:

Pinscher:
photo

Majesty:
photo

This is completely based on looks tho and I can't say one frame is stronger then the other or anything.
i personally like the fact that the dobs seat stays extend farther up the toptube to really stiffen that area up, and the fact that the tubes are a little wider to

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
Yeah I would definitely ride a majesty. Whether or not its better then a Pinscher is hard to decide. By better I mean better for me. For you I think you should look at the strengths ans weaknesses of both frames to decide for yourself. You can't go too wrong with either.

I wish either frame had an intergrated pivotal seat post and intergrated chain tensioners tho.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
same and no brake mounts at all

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
As the owner of both frames: Majesty, hands down. Lighter, better geo, and no retarded shit. By retarded shit, I mean the Pinscher has some dropout and tire clearance issues, a giant stupid (but apparently stronger) seat tube, no integrated headset, and the TT is too short on a large. Too much retarded shit for a frame of that cost. Get the Majesty so you won't build up a Pinscher and realize you should have gotten a Majesty.

End of thread. LOL.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 4:32 Quote
i have ordered a Majesty frame, how will it feel with 100mm forks? as people have said it runs dialed with 80mm's

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 4:45 Quote
maybe but dartmoor ?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 6:08 Quote
I like the look of the Majesty frame but its performance before looks isnt it.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dirtmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nsbikesmike109.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/uploads/images/xlarge/115655.jpg
photo

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
I've ridden both the Pinscher and a 26" Suburban (which has roughly the same geo as the Majesty), I'd say go for the DOB, I f*cked up the headtube on mine eventually but I have to say it was the best frame I've ever ridden. That crs-one guy is just biased because he has a Majesty himself.

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
it's easy: Pinscher for street, Majesty for dirt tup

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 8:14 Quote
krizz wrote:
maybe but dartmoor ?
I don't think we have Dartmoor products in Canada?

And I say go with NS, Sub/Maj

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
Sh4rvan wrote:
I've ridden both the Pinscher and a 26" Suburban (which has roughly the same geo as the Majesty), I'd say go for the DOB, I f*cked up the headtube on mine eventually but I have to say it was the best frame I've ever ridden. That crs-one guy is just biased because he has a Majesty himself.

Thanks man. If you actually read what I wrote, I gave reasons for my answer, other than " BEST FRAME I EVER RODE"

What about Recklessness? He's owned both, and he says Majesty. His opinion > yours.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.078655
Mobile Version of Website