NS Suburban build up, opinions needed

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
NS Suburban build up, opinions needed
Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 9:01 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
he shoulda cut his steerer

he left it that was so that if he ever wanted to do turn downs on his hardtail he had the option.

also, way easier to sell a fork with a full length steerer, compared to 1 cut to your headtube/stem stack height.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
ya i get ya but id hate to smash my teeth off that...Whip ...

EDIT- btw get ns district bars with a ns quark pro stem...

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
ya i get ya but id hate to smash my teeth off that...Whip ...

EDIT- btw get ns district bars with a ns quark pro stem...

just be carefull Smile
i guess its a risk some people take.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:18 Quote
pingu wrote:
Put the macneil seat/seattube combo instead of the sdg..
Put the ns district cromo bar and a light bmx stem.. like less then 250g.
light wheels hope pro2 20mm front hub, hope pro2 trials back hub with 48 eng. points, if 26" put mavic ex729 rims and dtswiss 2.0 spokes..
But nice specs..

Im not the original poster but thanks for the advice. i just ordered the macneil seat/seatpost combo. they look sick and are rediculously light. thanks buddy

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:11 Quote
thanks for the macneil seat/post combo suggestion, I checked it out, and I'll probably go that route. Ive never been much into bmx, so still learning about some of these parts and how you can use them on mountain/street hybrids

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:13 Quote
a bunch of bmx stuff can be put onto a mtb...you can save alot of weight by looking into some bmx stuff...the new thing in bmx is to get your bike down to 21-23 pounds so the companies are making the lightest stuff possible

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:16 Quote
Nice Build i would go with for the handlebars azonic and maxxis tires they are good trust me i want some but they cost here alot

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
i think that build is just somthing your dreaming about and want to build, this sucks.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
Mtn4life2007 wrote:
Nice Build i would go with for the handlebars azonic and maxxis tires they are good trust me i want some but they cost here alot

I will prob end up go with kenda or schwalbe on the tires, Hookworms are too big, and Holly Rollers are too knobby. Azonic makes some good stuff, but Ive seen better. I think there are stronger/lighter bars out there IMO

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
onetimetwotime wrote:
i think that build is just somthing your dreaming about and want to build, this sucks.

Are you kidding? Ive got the frame on order, its backorders from BTI and Im EP'ing the wheels and fork next week. I live an hour from Profile, so I'll drive down there one day and pick it up, more than likely with a grassroots or EP deal.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:41 Quote
that sucks its on backorder. maybe i shouldn't tell you but i got the last one less then a month ago. they are sick.
here is a link to my build
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=8404

I ordered the macneil seatpost/seat combo today
khe hindenburg ti crankset
profile 23t sprocket
24' arrow frx's built on a khe geisha freecoaster 11t
24' schwalbe table tops (to replace my 26's, too good to let go)

then mine will be done. hoping for 26-27 pounds

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
climbingbubba wrote:
that sucks its on backorder. maybe i shouldn't tell you but i got the last one less then a month ago. they are sick.
here is a link to my build
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=8404

I ordered the macneil seatpost/seat combo today
khe hindenburg ti crankset
profile 23t sprocket
24' arrow frx's built on a khe geisha freecoaster 11t
24' schwalbe table tops (to replace my 26's, too good to let go)

then mine will be done. hoping for 26-27 pounds

The guy at BTI said they are on the way, so it should be here soon. It will prob take 2 weeks for me to get my fork, they have to customize it and it takes 7 days for shipping. If your running a 23 up front, what do you have in the back?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 23:05 Quote
it will be the 11t geisha freecoaster hub.
i have heard the best way to tell gear ratio is to take the front ring and divide it by the back ring and then multiply that number by the wheel size. so in my instance it would be
23/11 X 24 = 50.1

people say its supposed to be close to 55 but im running 52 (32/16 X 26) right now and thats a little too much for tech street stuff. its kind of up to you. if you are doing dirt jumps or big urban gaps mostly id go with close to 55. if your doing park and tech street id go closer to 50. thats just me though. anyone else have an opinion on this?

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
that configuration is very good!i want that rims:X:X

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
if you wanna run a 12t rear drive then you would wanna run a 24 or 25t on the front drive, i also think you should get the SDG Skylite seat because its alot smaller making more better for street and dirt jump if thats what your into + plus they look sik!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020190
Mobile Version of Website