Rims. choosing rims

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rims. choosing rims
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
halo sas. yes they are heavier than mavics or whatever. but they will last you longer. if they are too heavy, go to the gym.
+1 all of the halo rims will last better than mavics or NS or whatever.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
and to the person who said they look shit, they look lush in person. and if they are heavy, check out some training or summat.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
in person they look worse... and what? do training? so what your getting at is people who prefer a lighter bike are just not strong enough? in that sense why isnt everyone super hench and riding around on solid steel frames... im sure that would be stronger... bell end

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
atomlab pimplites or pimps, two really strong light rims that also come in colours so you can jazz your bike up a bit

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
jamesessery1 wrote:
in person they look worse... and what? do training? so what your getting at is people who prefer a lighter bike are just not strong enough? in that sense why isnt everyone super hench and riding around on solid steel frames... im sure that would be stronger... bell end
Don't be a dick, Halo wheels look good, in the case of SAS rim its wortyh the extra weight for a stronger, stiffer rim. just take a huge cup on man up and get on with it!

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
tom666 wrote:
jamesessery1 wrote:
Don't be a dick, Halo wheels look good, if your finding it too heavy man up its only a 100g or something pathetic, makes almost no different mate! Razz

A lighter bike is easier to do stuff on. but there is only so much weight you can save before it becomes stupid. A very light bike can be kilos less than a heavy bike. so i doubt about 100g difference on a wheelset is going to affect your riding.

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
halo sas. yes they are heavier than mavics or whatever. but they will last you longer. if they are too heavy, go to the gym.
i bet they wouldn't last longer than a mavic Ex729 that is a crazily strong rim and it's way lighter than an sas, halos rims are strong yes but for the money you cna get lighter AND stronger wheels

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
DJPrOdigy wrote:
i bet they wouldn't last longer than a mavic Ex729 that is a crazily strong rim and it's way lighter than an sas, halos rims are strong yes but for the money you cna get lighter AND stronger wheels
Nah. the mavics wont be stronger. SAS are much wider and heavier and made of the same stuff to they cant be.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
DJPrOdigy wrote:

i still prefer halo sas's. they are well known for being bombproof and cheap. each to their own.

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 11:43 Quote
tom666 wrote:
almightybenners wrote:
DJPrOdigy wrote:
Nah. the mavics wont be stronger. SAS are much wider and heavier and made of the same stuff to they cant be.
yeah but an appollo steel bike is larger and heavier than my jump bike but is weaker so that logic is stupid.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 12:03 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:

Smile ))) yaeh with the same logic U can use downhill bike for street and be a best friend of gym

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
allknown wrote:
DJPrOdigy wrote:

Smile ))) yaeh with the same logic U can use downhill bike for street and be a best friend of gym

Not the DH bike's handling though.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019829
Mobile Version of Website