Powered by Outside

What are some good headset for DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What are some good headset for DJ?
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
I was looking for somthing lighter than the pig cause I got dj3 and they are weighing down the front end so I'm looking at a lighter headset, mayb a crankbrotherz, how are they?

your fork is heavy, not the headset...a lighter headset won't make any real difference to weight, but will break!!

if you want a lighter front end, get a Rockshox Argyle 318 fork Wink

I would not use a King on any DJ bike or FR / DH bike

I had 2 Kings (bought them on their 'legendary' reputation) and broke both within 1 month - both had bearing failures, and distributor would not warranty them

King is GREAT for XC riders, but not for abusive riding

the lack of a separate compression ring and separate top-cap means it constantly works loose, creaks, and actually starts cutting a deep groove into your fork steerer tube - this is well documented on many bike forums Frown
ya i was thinking of that cause my seals on the dj3 are already going, and they are a piece of shit, haha, what would be better|? pike, argyle, or a fox.

2010 marzocchi 4x
I heard somthing wrong with oil leaking

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 21:43 Quote
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
ya i was thinking of that cause my seals on the dj3 are already going, and they are a piece of shit, haha, what would be better|? pike, argyle, or a fox.

2010 marzocchi 4x

really?

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 22:52 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:

2010 marzocchi 4x

really?
or the shock fluid, but its a great shock otherwise i hear just needs some modifications

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 23:15 Quote
so i would just need some 3rd party seals then? aslong as it isnt a warranty job to fix im fine.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 23:26 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
so i would just need some 3rd party seals then? aslong as it isnt a warranty job to fix im fine.
ummm im not sure man look at a forum but i read it somewhere that they leek, and if yours do, than marzocchi might give you a new pair but i heard that the same thing might happen soo, look at a forum with guys that will have more knowledge than I would about this fork, but if you are selling or know some sellers let me know cause my dj3 are garbage and heavy.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 23:39 Quote
nah im looking at buying a pair of chainreaction. 2010 4x

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 23:47 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
nah im looking at buying a pair of chainreaction. 2010 4x
nice, but you knowthe black paint on the stanchions? i normaly notice that it rubs and looks like scratches and then the fork looks like crap, soo im wondering if when the paint rubs off that it wrecks the sseals, and i want to know if that happends to marzocchi forks.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 0:03 Quote
I had a 2005 66 up until last year and never had any problems like that.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 0:12 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
ok i was just wondering because the stanchions on the 2010 marzocchi 4x are black just want to know,

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 0:29 Quote
zofmg wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:
ok i was just wondering because the stanchions on the 2010 marzocchi 4x are black just want to know,

so are you looking at a pair? i recon 5lbs is a nice weight/strengh seeing as they look strong.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 2:28 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:

so are you looking at a pair? i recon 5lbs is a nice weight/strengh seeing as they look strong.
But then there is fox which is lightweight and strong, but I would like somthing to lighten up the front end, but everything is expensive and I'm low on cash soo it limits you.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 2:31 Quote
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:

But then there is fox which is lightweight and strong, but I would like somthing to lighten up the front end, but everything is expensive and I'm low on cash soo it limits you.

i know exactly how you feel man, i wanted a fox 36 float (dont trust any fox 32 on a dirt jump bike (831 is too expensive) but it is 2 expensive and there isnt much choice as i just simlply dont like the arglys, i dont know y i guess i hate the pink 409 and then the others seem to cheap, + there are so many around now. so that leaves me with the 2010 4X at 5lbs.

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 5:35 Quote

you had "good" Marzocchis, actually made in Italy to super high quality

later years of Marzocchis switched to Suntour Taiwan factory and quality control / design problems killed the brand reputation

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 10:41 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

you had "good" Marzocchis, actually made in Italy to super high quality

later years of Marzocchis switched to Suntour Taiwan factory and quality control / design problems killed the brand reputation
interesting

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 10:44 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
zofmg wrote:
Nic688 wrote:

i know exactly how you feel man, i wanted a fox 36 float (dont trust any fox 32 on a dirt jump bike (831 is too expensive) but it is 2 expensive and there isnt much choice as i just simlply dont like the arglys, i dont know y i guess i hate the pink 409 and then the others seem to cheap, + there are so many around now. so that leaves me with the 2010 4X at 5lbs.
ya i was looking at the talas 36 cause i think it was cheaper, but im looking around for a used pair but they are all like 350 to 400 to like 700 its wtf man they are 06, 07, 08,09, i can understand 09 but ohwell just keep looking.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009868
Mobile Version of Website