2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts

PB Forum :: Specialized
2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 13:39 Quote
Just bought an enduro for a pretty good price, I guess a new one is coming soon. It came with a coil shock but there seems to be no official info on Specialized website about recommended spring rates.

I'm about 80kg (177lbs) so it looks like a 500lbs spring should be about right?

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 14:52 Quote
I’m about 210 kitted and I have a 550.

500 might be a bit firm but is probably a good starting point.

FYI, RockShox spring rate tolerances are pretty bad. You might want to go with Super Alloy Racing or something like that.

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 23:25 Quote
OK thanks, I'll look into them

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 0:50 Quote
dmrrider95 wrote:
Just bought an enduro for a pretty good price, I guess a new one is coming soon. It came with a coil shock but there seems to be no official info on Specialized website about recommended spring rates.

I am 75kg and have a daily setup with a 450lbs and a race setup with a 500lbs spring

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 5:22 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
dmrrider95 wrote:

I am 75kg and have a daily setup with a 450lbs and a race setup with a 500lbs spring

Wow, this came just in time.
I got RS Ultimate Coil with rx tune and it has 450 coil.
I weigh the same, or a little more with riding gear on. Maybe I need to get a 500 lbs coil or 475 too?

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 5:47 Quote
mcharza wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
dmrrider95 wrote:

Wow, this came just in time.
I got RS Ultimate Coil with rx tune and it has 450 coil.
I weigh the same, or a little more with riding gear on. Maybe I need to get a 500 lbs coil or 475 too?

I'm about 78kgs kitted, I think a good approach is to buy both the 450 and the 500 and see which one you like the most. RS springs are cheap also, I got them for 28€ each

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 6:49 Quote
Be wary when buying RS springs, they have something close to +\-10% manufacturing tolerance on the rate IIRC.

So a “450” could be as high as 495, while a “500” could be as low as 450.

I’m not saying don’t get their springs. Just be aware that if you get two springs and they don’t feel like you expect them to, that could be why.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 8:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Be wary when buying RS springs, they have something close to +\-10% manufacturing tolerance on the rate IIRC.

I’m not saying don’t get their springs. Just be aware that if you get two springs and they don’t feel like you expect them to, that could be why.

I wish another company made springs at a reasonable price. The SAR ones seem awesome but that price tag is heavy if you don't know the exact spring rate you want.

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 8:22 Quote
marshallthewolf wrote:
Nobble wrote:

I wish another company made springs at a reasonable price. The SAR ones seem awesome but that price tag is heavy if you don't know the exact spring rate you want.
Fluid Focus are the US distributors for SAR. I spoke with them at the Sea Otter, and they said you can mail them your current spring for them to measure if you want to get an accurate starting point. Also if you’re between rates, they can dyno a bunch of springs and find one that falls on one end of the tolerance for you.

They also can help calculate what rate you need.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 10:54 Quote
Ah sweet, thats some cool intel actually!

Posted: Apr 28, 2024 at 12:50 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
i think its broken again. Pimp

Its already the black matte warranty frame.

again

Frame is getting replaced again...

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2024 at 16:38 Quote
I’m about 210 riding weight and run a 500. I prefer to run things pretty soft it seems relative to most people, historically, if that helps any.

dmrrider95 wrote:

Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 1:38 Quote
Gone for a 450 feels about right bouncing on it but haven't ridden anything yet

Posted: May 3, 2024 at 10:13 Quote
Frame arrived really quick.

Checked the fitment of the bearing cups. Bottom is perfect how it should be. Top is sloppy and crap again...

My dealer said, he thinks this will gonna be the last frames of the ''old'' model...

we will see how it goes...

if the frame is failing again, i'm gonna try to get one or two size bigger.

cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012447
Mobile Version of Website