Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 10:02 Quote
I learned that the hard way about buying component upgrades before things that look cool, I spent lots of my time and money firstly buying paint and painting parts on my XC bike a few years back, then buying cool parts that had colour on it so the bike looked really bright, then I rode it to school one day and it got stolen. Bike thieves aren't too smart, which is why when I build my fixie it's going to be decently nice but not flashy at all.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
that^^ upgrade the fork and cranks please. things are ACIENT. as to buddies bike on the last page, love it, random colours ftw.

I actually like the stuff. I plan on replacing fork and brakes but that's about it. Part of the work for my painting process is that I'll perform upgrades as well.
I don't terribly like my front tire, it's a bit big and heavy. I don't see a problem with my cranks but suggestions are welcome for sure Smile I am just getting back into riding. I rode back when that gear was still awesome back in 2005 or so. I just got it recently and it's in haphazard stages of just working to get me going. Next year I'm going to ride hard and by then I should have it fully upgraded and light. I am keeping the frame no matter what, I've wanted that frame for years.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
It's come a looooooooooooong way since then. Buy a new complete and you will be amazed at the difference.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 12:25 Quote
817moto wrote:
It's come a looooooooooooong way since then. Buy a new complete and you will be amazed at the difference.
I've ridden some newer stuff and it's not bad. The big thing is I don't feel a difference big enough to justify a newer bike and I got a killer steal from a friend on this one, as I can't even jump properly anymore. When I get another DJ bike it'll be something newer and more suited to the job. However I do like the geometry of it and this thing is firm as all hell to get my skill back.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 17:37 Quote
Hey guys,
This is my favorite bike to ride.https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb10138923/p4pb10138923.jpg

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 17:49 Quote
That fork is weird. I'm interested. What is it?

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 17:55 Quote
StevePark wrote:
Hey guys,
This is my favorite bike to ride.
photo

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 19:05 Quote
So how much travel does it have.....if it works...

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 19:46 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
So how much travel does it have.....if it works...

I just looked for them, it's something like 75mm which makes sense. It works like a rear suspension.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 19:48 Quote
I like how he's got the giant riser bars to go along with the fork that acts like a 12" spacer.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 20:04 Quote
ckholcomb wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
Dupli-color red ano paint?

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 20:46 Quote
Creegz wrote:
817moto wrote:
I've ridden some newer stuff and it's not bad. The big thing is I don't feel a difference big enough to justify a newer bike and I got a killer steal from a friend on this one, as I can't even jump properly anymore. When I get another DJ bike it'll be something newer and more suited to the job. However I do like the geometry of it and this thing is firm as all hell to get my skill back.
So you like the geometry, eh. lol

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 21:17 Quote
You are really not the one to be acting like a smartass because someone has unconventional choices in bikes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026544
Mobile Version of Website