Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The Six Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The Six Thread
Posted: Aug 21, 2010 at 21:00 Quote
benjamingreen wrote:
deadlymailman wrote:
Hi, i was thinking about buying a used 2009 norco six three but i was kinda curious whether the lower 6 inches of travel will be able to get the job done, i will be doing typical freeride, also will the small frame be able to cater my size 5,6" probably grow to about 5,9".
The small will be fine, I'm five ten on the medium and it's fine, these bikes can handle anything, you'll love it they are also very versitile.

Okay well im looking at two bikes right now, either the six or an iron horse 7.3, im kinda not sure which to get. The only problem with the iron horse is weight, how much does your six weigh?

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 at 19:19 Quote
deadlymailman wrote:
benjamingreen wrote:
deadlymailman wrote:
Hi, i was thinking about buying a used 2009 norco six three but i was kinda curious whether the lower 6 inches of travel will be able to get the job done, i will be doing typical freeride, also will the small frame be able to cater my size 5,6" probably grow to about 5,9".
The small will be fine, I'm five ten on the medium and it's fine, these bikes can handle anything, you'll love it they are also very versitile.

Okay well im looking at two bikes right now, either the six or an iron horse 7.3, im kinda not sure which to get. The only problem with the iron horse is weight, how much does your six weigh?
Mine weighs 27 ish, stock is 35 I believe, check the website,

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 22:00 Quote
hi, just wondering i looking to buy a norco six three 2008 edition (mint green/gold) and i am 5'11 200pounds.... not sure which size... this bike will be used for whistler (dirt merchant,b-line,crank it up,freight train style stuff i am growing (only 14) should i be looking at a meduim or a large ... by next year ill be 6-6'1 prolly .... also should i buy frame only or complete ... ? my price range is 1200-1600

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
bottlerocket96 wrote:
hi, just wondering i looking to buy a norco six three 2008 edition (mint green/gold) and i am 5'11 200pounds.... not sure which size... this bike will be used for whistler (dirt merchant,b-line,crank it up,freight train style stuff i am growing (only 14) should i be looking at a meduim or a large ... by next year ill be 6-6'1 prolly .... also should i buy frame only or complete ... ? my price range is 1200-1600
Baught mine used it's the same one you want, I'm the same size you ar and was the same size when I bought it. Shoot me a message in my inbox, I'm on norco's grass roots team and I worked at my norco dealer for a while. Just send me a message, I know how these work and what size all the parts are.

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 3:07 Quote
Hey guys, i know im digging this thread up from the grave but i need some help. What is the bottom bracket size on a 2009 norco six 1 frame? I am looking to get one and just want to be sure i can transfer my parts over

Posted: Jul 23, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
beeboo wrote:
Hey guys, i know im digging this thread up from the grave but i need some help. What is the bottom bracket size on a 2009 norco six 1 frame? I am looking to get one and just want to be sure i can transfer my parts over
68/73

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 10:32 Quote
My 2007 Norco Six 2. I spent the spring getting it beefed up for a BC trip with new Totem fork & DHX 5 coil shock. Upgrades worked nicely, we rode Kicking Horse, Silverstar, & Whistler.

Going to strip her down and put her back into trail mode Smile

photo

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 at 20:44 Quote
Normco-Six wrote:
My 2007 Norco Six 2. I spent the spring getting it beefed up for a BC trip with new Totem fork & DHX 5 coil shock. Upgrades worked nicely, we rode Kicking Horse, Silverstar, & Whistler.

photo
how does the totem feel on the six ? i have the same bike but i think i need a beefy fork

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 4:27 Quote
Totem feels really nice on the Six. with 7" up front and 6.5" in the back, the bike feels really balanced still and plush as hell Smile

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 16:13 Quote
sorry for diging up the thread,
just got new suspension from x-fusion,and a new wheel set
ready to ride
  ready to ride

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
Here is my Six & My Shore

2009 Six One w/ some upgrades
2005 VPS Shore w/ 07 Shore One components

photo
photo

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
Normco-Six wrote:

photo
Hi there,
Sweet ride.one question.is your totem have 1,5 inch or 1 ⅛ inch sterrer tube?i know it has been few years since last post but i hope people are still riding oldschool sixs.
Thx in advance

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.152755
Mobile Version of Website