Norco Sight 2021 in the house

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco Sight 2021 in the house
O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 12:40 Quote
birdsandtrees wrote:
PaulWolf wrote:
birdsandtrees wrote:

They will make you hacksaw the top tube before they send out replacement.

Really!?

That is what they made me do when they sent out a crash replacement frame.

Wow OK. And di they ask you to send a picture as a proof or did a bike shop destroy the frame for you? And then what? Was the bike shop paid to swap parts over or not?

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 15:24 Quote
They were fine with either me or the shop doing it. I did it. It does sound extreme, but for a dent in the head tube they gave me a whole new frame minus the shock. It wasn’t a 2021 it was newer so it was a better color and the frame protection was also better and updated. It was a bummer having to wait a week because they won’t release the bike until they get proof of the frame being destroyed.

They won’t pay for labor. No one really does unless it’s very specific scenarios.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 15:48 Quote
The bike shop kept the frame and proved that it was destroyed. My bike was under warranty (original owner) and the bike shop was going to build up the new frame(no charge), but it was going to be a couple weeks before they could get to it. I picked up my new frame and parts, went home and built it up myself and went for a ride the next day.

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 17:52 Quote
I would shed a tear cutting the frame up but I guess that's what got to be done lol

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2024 at 18:05 Quote
sogdawg wrote:
I would shed a tear cutting the frame up but I guess that's what got to be done lol

Trust me it’s weird haha

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 5:27 Quote
Looking to buy a 2023 Sight A1 from my LBS, the price is decent and the spec seems great for the current price, anything to look out for (as in expected issues)?
Seeing as it's going to be my first full sus bike

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 5:39 Quote
I think it’s a great bike! I’d say go for it! Just be aware of its intended purpose: it’s pretty long and slack which may not necessarily make it the best jump bike (having said that I have no problems jumping it though). It’s a fairly efficient climber too, for a full sus. As many have mentioned here it likes to go through the rear travel fairly easily but the MegNeg that comes on the 2023 model should help with that. I am enjoying my 2020 Sight A2 immensely. Also, yes to aluminum from my perspective. I have some deep dents in both the front and rear triangle by now from rocky trail riding and I don’t think a carbon frame would have survived those. No problems on my alu frame though. The specs are great too. Also I assume you are aware that the 2024 version with the idler is out?

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 6:03 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
I think it’s a great bike! I’d say go for it! Just be aware of its intended purpose: it’s pretty long and slack which may not necessarily make it the best jump bike (having said that I have no problems jumping it though). It’s a fairly efficient climber too, for a full sus. As many have mentioned here it likes to go through the rear travel fairly easily but the MegNeg that comes on the 2023 model should help with that. I am enjoying my 2020 Sight A2 immensely. Also, yes to aluminum from my perspective. I have some deep dents in both the front and rear triangle by now from rocky trail riding and I don’t think a carbon frame would have survived those. No problems on my alu frame though. The specs are great too. Also I assume you are aware that the 2024 version with the idler is out?

Thanks for the info, i'm aware of the new version being out but to be honest it's too expensive for me, i can get the A1 for 3600€ from my LBS which seems unbeatable for the spec here, was thinking about the new YT Jeffsy but the SIght seems more capable in all regards and coming from a hardtail i don't have a preference for carbon so i'd rather take the better kitted out alu bike over the carbon one.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 6:39 Quote
Yea with the chunky trails I have here carbon is a no go for me. Also warranty is an important aspect. Norco has a great warranty policy, cannot comment on YT. Plus with the Norco you’ll get the support from your LBS.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 8:00 Quote
Levisaurus wrote:
Looking to buy a 2023 Sight A1 from my LBS, the price is decent and the spec seems great for the current price, anything to look out for (as in expected issues)?

I think the Sight A1 are a great deal with the suspension and components you get. I don't have an experience with the Stan rims, but mine came with the e13 which eventually replaced with DT Swiss EX511. I bought the 2020 Sight and I've had it since Dec 19', other than the rims nothing else has been replaced. I did get a special tune and megneg on the shock. Norco has addressed this with the 2023 model. My friend had a Fox X2 on his 2021 Sight, had nothing but problems, replaced it with the 2023 Rockshox SD(same as the 2023 models). I've ridden flat trail(not too much bike) to double blacks, very versatile bike. You won't have any regrets buying one.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 9:00 Quote
razzle wrote:
Levisaurus wrote:

I think the Sight A1 are a great deal with the suspension and components you get. I don't have an experience with the Stan rims, but mine came with the e13 which eventually replaced with DT Swiss EX511. I bought the 2020 Sight and I've had it since Dec 19', other than the rims nothing else has been replaced. I did get a special tune and megneg on the shock. Norco has addressed this with the 2023 model. My friend had a Fox X2 on his 2021 Sight, had nothing but problems, replaced it with the 2023 Rockshox SD(same as the 2023 models). I've ridden flat trail(not too much bike) to double blacks, very versatile bike. You won't have any regrets buying one.

I had the same experience with the X2 shock on my 2020 Sight and replaced it with the SD Ultimate (comes with compression dial and lockout lever) and upgraded it with a MegNeg can. With the recommended tire pressure and tire inserts the Stan's rims have held up nicely for me.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 6:59 Quote
I picked up the replacement frame from the LBS last weekend. It's a 2023 large black frame with sparkles, while the previous one was the 2020 dark green version. I don't mind the different color, I think it looks cool. Surprisingly, they didn't ask me to destroy the old frame, but I don't think I will keep using it anyway. I am not sure the spherical bearing had the effect I was hoping. On previous rides the Trunnion bolt started to come loose again.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 8:37 Quote
PaulWolf wrote:
I picked up the replacement frame from the LBS last weekend. It's a 2023 large black frame with sparkles, while the previous one was the 2020 dark green version. I don't mind the different color, I think it looks cool. Surprisingly, they didn't ask me to destroy the old frame, but I don't think I will keep using it anyway. I am not sure the spherical bearing had the effect I was hoping. On previous rides the Trunnion bolt started to come loose again.

Hey that’s better than worrying about if your frame is proper or not! Enjoy!

O+
Posted: May 28, 2024 at 16:12 Quote
Anybody in this thread looking to unload a cascade link? Headed to whistler in a month.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2024 at 10:44 Quote
isilverman wrote:
Anybody in this thread looking to unload a cascade link? Headed to whistler in a month.

Also looking for a Cascade link (black) if anyone else is looking to offload
(*in BC)

Other than that - has anyone had an issue with their top-tube bottle mounts coming loose?
I've got a Wolftooth BRad stepped to mine (w/ tube) and it seems the rivnuts have loosened up and now they rattle incessantly...
2020 alloy frame if it matters.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008794
Mobile Version of Website