Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 13:03 Quote
Subversion-Garage wrote:
Question for anyone that went from a Float X to an X2. Aside from the added adjustments, did you notice enough of a real-world performance to make it worthwhile? My biggest complaint with the X is soaking up high-speed chatter.

Currently mulling over trying an X2, or jumping straight to a coil

I’ve had a float x on an alloy 2022 sentinel and then an x2 on a carbon 2021 sentinel. Both have identical geometry and both have the same cascade link on it.

I’m not convinced the x2 is a massive upgrade - perhaps it’s got a bit more midstroke support and it’s got more adjustability.

That said, the Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil shock I’ve got is a massive upgrade on both of the air shocks.

Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 14:54 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
I got a Transition Patrol last summer from my local shop. Olnly rode the bike 2 times (once in sunpeaks, once in Whistler) and it was good.
The bike has sat since then (start of August)
I went to ride the bike today around the block and noticed my x2 was making a squishy air sounding noise.

Is this the issue that most of you are seeing? Bike will be 1 year in June, should I get the local bike shop to check it out or does this sound like a fox warranty issue?

Throw the serial number into fox's website. If it's not a 2024 (sounds like it isn't) just send it in.

My is indeed a 2022 as per their online tool.

I emailed them, they sent me and RMA number and I mailed it out today.
Do I need to ask for the new 2024 model or have they for the most part just been sending them out?

Anyone know what lead times are in Canada for them?

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2024 at 22:21 Quote
I prefer my coil over the X2. I could never get the chatter to feel good on my x2.
Subversion-Garage wrote:
Question for anyone that went from a Float X to an X2. Aside from the added adjustments, did you notice enough of a real-world performance to make it worthwhile? My biggest complaint with the X is soaking up high-speed chatter.

Currently mulling over trying an X2, or jumping straight to a coil

Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
bikingalltheway wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
I got a Transition Patrol last summer from my local shop. Olnly rode the bike 2 times (once in sunpeaks, once in Whistler) and it was good.
The bike has sat since then (start of August)
I went to ride the bike today around the block and noticed my x2 was making a squishy air sounding noise.

Is this the issue that most of you are seeing? Bike will be 1 year in June, should I get the local bike shop to check it out or does this sound like a fox warranty issue?

Throw the serial number into fox's website. If it's not a 2024 (sounds like it isn't) just send it in.

Do I need to ask for the new 2024 model or have they for the most part just been sending them out?

Seems like they will most likely send you a new one, and at the very least will rebuild with all new 2024 parts.

Did you send it to Nevada or is there a Canada service center?

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2024 at 15:19 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:

Theres a Canada West Coast service Centre in Burnaby BC.

Posted: Apr 6, 2024 at 21:25 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:

Seems like they will most likely send you a new one, and at the very least will rebuild with all new 2024 parts.

I sent it to the one in Burnaby, Canada !
Fingers crossed it’s not a long wait. It arrived there on Thursday

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 5:23 Quote
Received my X2 9 weeks after sending it for service/repair through a local authorized service. Paid for it ~230$. Didn't get any info about what was replaced other than the seals, not sure if the trunnion mounting part was replaced with the new 7000 aluminium one.
Did you receive a new 4 digit code on it or is it the old one?

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 22:20 Quote
turcandan wrote:
Received my X2 9 weeks after sending it for service/repair through a local authorized service. Paid for it ~230$. Didn't get any info about what was replaced other than the seals, not sure if the trunnion mounting part was replaced with the new 7000 aluminium one.
Did you receive a new 4 digit code on it or is it the old one?

EZ way to tell is that the old trunnion has the bleed port directly in the middle of the stiffening rib that runs across the top.

2023:
photo

2024:
photo

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 6:32 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
EZ way to tell is that the old trunnion has the bleed port directly in the middle of the stiffening rib that runs across the top.
I was left with the old one. If somebody isn't getting a new one or repaired for free and wants to do it cheaper, here's the kit that was used on mine: Seal Kit: 2024 FLOAT X2 Spring and Damper Rebuild

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 8:48 Quote
turcandan wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:
I was left with the old one. If somebody isn't getting a new one or repaired for free and wants to do it cheaper, here's the kit that was used on mine: Seal Kit: 2024 FLOAT X2 Spring and Damper Rebuild

Did it come with the seal head that accepts the the 2nd oring?
As thats the major change.
If not then you just installed a single buna oring into a 2021.

Also what did your bleed procedure look like?
These shocks fustrated me enough that i machined a bleed adapter to go in place of the lsr adjuster as i find quite alot of air trys to hide in the outer tube and stroking the shock while bleeding makes that worse

Posted: May 5, 2024 at 16:36 Quote
bikingalltheway wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:

How long did it take finally?

O+
Posted: May 5, 2024 at 19:36 Quote
O9HUgszr wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:

mine took less than a week at the end of last season.

friend just got his back after less than 2 weeks. might have been a week and a day IIRC. from the burnaby shop.

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 22:05 Quote
O9HUgszr wrote:
bikingalltheway wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:

About 6 business days.
They never sent me return tracking, just showed up one day!
Got a 24 model!

Great service all around

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009042
Mobile Version of Website