Powered by Outside

Riders in North Carolina

PB Forum :: USA - East
Riders in North Carolina
Posted: May 3, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Anyone looking to ride this weekend? I am in the foothills, am up for Lake James, LKN, WWC, Hobby Park, anywhere within an hour or so of Hickory.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
For anyone coming down to WNC in the coming months be vigilant and use a chain to lock your bike to your rack. Our homeless are bike theiving quite frequently. They all carry bolt cutters and will snip your cable and be off in 10 sec flat.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
Looking for some folks to do some riding in the Wilson’s creek area during the week. Preferably in the mornings. That’s just when my crazy schedule allows. I know some of the trails already. Just hate riding them solo.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
windyhill wrote:
Looking for some folks to do some riding in the Wilson’s creek area during the week. Preferably in the mornings. That’s just when my crazy schedule allows. I know some of the trails already. Just hate riding them solo.

I have Fridays off if you want to do a Friday morning ride. I’m in Banner Elk so not far

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Sounds good. I can’t this Friday but I can go next Friday. I’ll post next Monday and see what’s up.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Well no go this week either. Just bent my rear derailleur. Bike won’t be ready probably before Friday. Arrrgh!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
Possibly moving into the Charlotte area next summer from San Diego. How is the riding scene within an hour window around there for some weekday type rides? Outside of the locations you can find on the internet/ trailforks..where are the guys at to ride with for the no strava/ off the map good stuff?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 16:51 Quote
Most all is mapped here, and it is, can be good. To get off map, and potentially lost in thr mtns, Wilson Creek is still those type of trails that are not fully mapped. But, that is a good drive from Charlotte. The amout and quality of trails here is really good. I live about an hour north of Charlotte, which puts me closer to more MTN bike trails vs loops at parks close to the city. Pm me if you want more info, glad to share a phone number and discuss.

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
It all depends on your skill level and what type of trail you are looking for. Charlotte has a lot of good XC miles, but nothing technical. For bigger and steeper technical trails you will have to drive more than one hour from Charlotte. You are looking closer to a 2 hour drive for technical trails in Pisgah, whether that be the Asheville side, Blowing Rock side, or anywhere in between.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
Not sure how active this thread is. I'm headed to Brevard/ Pisgah tomorrow for 4 days. Looking for some route recommendations. Looking to ride 8-12 miles per day as I have a family member with me who doesn't ride so looking for 2 hrs a day or so. I'm riding a Specialized Status Mullet so my preference is for black, technical rowdy downhill perhaps road access on the way up maybe even some shuttles as I have a non biking driver with me. Any must do recommendations in the Mills River/ Brevard/ Avery Creek/Pisgah area?

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
N mills- Spencer fletcher is my preferred loop
Pisgah-buckwheat to bennett gap is a heck of a loop
Upper black to Avery is a blast
Daniel ridge to cat gap to butter is a great ride as well
DuPont- ridgeline and cedar rock are fun
Much different riding than pisgah here but only 30 min away
Kanuga bike park is a bunch of fun as well. It’s a pedal access park with legitimate bike park stuff and a couple of black tech trails.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
I'll be in the High Point / Greensboro area for work in mid-December and was considering bringing a bike. The ten day forecast looks alright, 50-60 and rainy (I live in Portland, OR) but I'm unsure of the local ethic and what trails would be rideable. I can probably set aside a day and a few hours of driving for a good ride.

Bike wise I was planning on my hardtail but could also bring the enduro sled.

Any recommendations?

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 17:11 Quote
How far are you able to drive, time wise. In that area, Hobby Park is a good technical trail, though a little short. I don't think it closes for wet. I live about 1.5 hrs west of HP. Lots of options over here. Uwharrie never closes either, and it is technical and rocky. Trailforks shows lots of other options around Greensboro, but I don't venture that far east to ride when I can go the same distance west and get somw really good stuff in. Hardtail would orobably be a good selection if you plan on staying close.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
MrLiverman wrote:
I'll be in the High Point / Greensboro area for work in mid-December and was considering bringing a bike. The ten day forecast looks alright, 50-60 and rainy (I live in Portland, OR) but I'm unsure of the local ethic and what trails would be rideable. I can probably set aside a day and a few hours of driving for a good ride.

Any recommendations?

If you’re cool driving a bit I’d go out to pisgah area. Lots of awesome riding out there. I’ve been hitting kanuga bike park a bunch recently and that place is honestly some amazing trail building. They’re also opening rock creek which will be a shuttles park on the 9 of December. Riding pisgah proper can get kinda chunky and if that’s what you’re gonna ride I’d bring the full sus. Charlotte area also has a bunch of good stuff as well as Boone area. Honestly a lot of good stuff. Not sure of what’s in the immediate Greensboro high point area but I’m sure there is some.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
So I don't live in the area, but lived in winston salem growing up. Greensboro has good XC trails. Look up Wild Turkey trail and Owl's Roost. 2 hour drive to Boone is Rocky Knob bike park. Or hit Kerr Scott Lake before Boone for good XC trails. Rocky Knob bring Enduro. Staying in Greensboro and no time to drive more than 1 hour from Greensboro I'd just bring your Hardtail. Send me a message for more info if you want.

MrLiverman wrote:

Any recommendations?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013490
Mobile Version of Website